Livejournal

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Victoria, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

www.livejournal.com

If you already use Livejournal and want to keep up with members of MAP, post your username here so others can add you to their friends list.

Mine is "VictoriaMAP".

If you don't have a blog/journal and fancy starting one, Livejournal is a great site with many options for keeping up with friends' journals, customising your own journal, and great security options for keeping specific entries or your whole journal private, public, friends only and so on.
    You can search the site for communities (or start your own community) with similar interests, hobbies, or place of residence, and view recent entries to that community on the same page as your friends.
    You can add friends, view all of your friends' recent entries in one clean page, leave comments and send private messages.
    There's also a personal scrapbook to upload bits and pics and you can even post journal entries from your mobile phone. (I should get paid for this!)
    The site has a mass of skins and layouts ready for you to customise your journal.

EDIT: This is not a solution for MAP Journals. For those members who use MAP journals I'd encourage you to wait until they're back up and running, which I'm sure won't be long.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I think I'll wait for what we're working on instead of moving to LiveJournal ;)

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

What have you got planned Anth, will just save people time in uploading stuff on Livejournal (myself included.)

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

We're still working on various upgrades and better integration between the forum, journals and gallery is the biggest bit of it.

Which reminds me, I was going to try to find an oddification for something...

5. Victoria

This isn't for MAP, just exchanging usernames with those who are registered/want to register ;)

6. Victoria

As I said, Livejournal isn't a solution to MAP journals. Discussion on MAP journals should be a separate thread.

7. aikidoka-je

aikidoka-je Blue Floral Belt

i,d rather wait fot the map journals

8. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

A link to mine is in my sig

9. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

You promoting this one as well V?

So much for the other blog.

10. Victoria

As I've said plenty of times already, it's not a substitution for MAP journals.

Thanks Yohan. I'll add you on ;)

11. Victoria

I decided on this one. Could have sworn I sent a mail :p

Turns out logcity has no admin even, it's deserted. So I gave in and went back to LJ!

Anyway, :topic:

12. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

I bet you can not find my LJ. hehehe

13. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

i started one, i am cavallin. is there a MAP community or not?

14. Victoria

I bet I can :p Since I know your full name....

Cavallin, nope no MAP community on there. It's up to Saz if she wants to start one but there may not be much of a point as we already have MySpace and facebook :)