Little Known Filipino Hero's

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Pat OMalley, Oct 25, 2004.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Couldn't agree with you more. They often get the shortest end of the stick but you don't catch them whining and bitching about it - they get on with it and seem do it with a serenity that to this day still amazes me. :D

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Our hospitals in the UK would be a lot worse off if it were not for the many thousands of Filipina Nurses and Filipino porters. The are considered by many in the Hospitals to be the hardest of workers.

I had a student when I was teaching in London who was a hospital porter, beleive it or not he is an Engineer by trade and help build the airport in Cebu City, he was responsible for the design of the main clock. But because he was not qualified as an Engineer in the UK he had to settle for porter work in the Hospital service. Crazy eh!

Best regards

Pat

3. LapuLapu

LapuLapu New Member

I can relate with this one. I have an uncle who has worked as an OFW for many years, but he is nota licensed engineer and has only finished vocational courses. In the field however, the licensed workers often ask him to interpret diagrams and other technical stuff because he knows more than they. He can also communicate with his superiors (mostly Europeans) better than the engineers. Funny what a small card can do for you. :eek:

4. shootodog

shootodog restless native

aside from the huks, the hunters rotc force were great. they stormed los banos to free pows.

5. Gryphon Hall

Gryphon Hall Feeling Scholler

Other unsung, Filipino heroes that got the short end of the stick are those WWII veterans. I once saw a documentary of them, with their pictures as young soldiers were shown first, lithe, strong, powerful, then how they look right now, emaciated, poverty-stricken, and sick.

Yet they bitch only a little.