little clip i made

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by greenhornet, Aug 20, 2008.

1. greenhornet

greenhornet Valued Member

sup guys ,

i filmed myself for a short time in one of my shadow boxing session last week to see a thing and i decided to make a clip out of it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfkv9eQ8w-s"]YouTube[/ame]

ok take care guys

à plus!

2. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

looks smooth. it seems as though you shadow box a very tall opponent!

3. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Brother you should go take Savate.:)

4. greenhornet

thanks for the comments

hey DaeHanl , youre right about that . the fact is that im not very tall so i get that thing from sparring :p

Fire cobra, why should i take savate im not sure i get it:confused: cause im french or cause savate is better or cause of the nice leotar that they wear?
    i actualy know and did some savate but the chambering of the leg before kicking are armful for economie of motion.

ok see you guys

a plus!

5. caveman

caveman Threadkiller

I think he is complementing your kicking.

6. greenhornet

i see i see

ohhh maybe ,

thanks for helping me understand caveman. language barrier i guess, my english is not that great :hat:

thanks

à plus!

7. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

greenhornet,

I was complimenting you on your kicking and flexibility(thanks Caveman),and i love Savate its a great art,many a good fighter has been hit by those chambered kicks!.(mind you i dont like the leotard!)

Enjoy your training brother.:)

8. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

I agree. It also looks like you have taken it before. The footwork is great in savate and the lateral movement, which is good for the arsenal! The unitard is good for only one reason. your opponent won't take you seriously, and hopefully that is an advantage. :)

9. greenhornet

savate

you are right guys, savate is very nice . it is in my top 3 martial arts for sure.

an other great thing about it is that they do lots of games that are in sparring mode and i like that a lot cause its not just dead drills.

its nice to comunicate whit you guys!

à plus!

10. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Nice one bro,keep posting.:)

11. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

I'd like to make just one small recommendation. Keep your hands up when kicking. You are leaving yourself wide open dropping your hands like that.

12. greenhornet

right

hi Semper Fi,

its true i drop one hand when i throw hook kicks and other ones but i keep my rear hand up . maybe it happened that my rear hand was low on one kick thats very possible :rolleyes:

dropping the hand of the same side that you kick is good for speed and power. just look at thai boxers the way they throw there rear round house.

ok take care

à plus!