Little Bit TMI But Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by KSN_Princess, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

To the OP as well as the rest of the young folks hanging on this thread, here are a couple things that I've discovered are important, and couple that are not so important. This is based upon my own wild experiences, as well as raising my own kids (who are both older than most of you. :) )

Saving it until you're married ... not so important. Just makes the wedding night a bit scary and boring since you don't know what you're doing.

Being uber-careful to NOT get pregnant and NOT have any chance of getting an STD ... VERY IMPORTANT! Contrary to popular belief, this means using protection for oral also!

Following the parent's rules regarding chores and curfew ... Important! If you're expecting them to support you, then you are granting them the ability to make those decisions. You can negotiate, but you must realize that they do not owe you anything once you are of legal age.

Having a FH at a young age ... seriously unimportant. As a matter fof fact, it is usually a disaster in the making. The reason being that everybody changes a great deal between their late teens and their mid-twenties. That wonderful person you love everything about now will no longer exist in five years. They will be somebody else entirely, as will you. However, you'll both still want the original person. Leads to serious depression and lots of heartache.

So, there you go. That's the sort of stuff you have to put up with when you ask for advice on-line. :)

Forgot one: Being careful to use proper spelling and punctuation when writing ... Important! Well, I guess it isn't important if you don't mind that everyone that reads your words thinks you're a brainless ditz ...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Gah, dude that sucks, we had the same as your second friend. But then she went with my best friend (as all good relationships end :p) and now they are happy together, and they just had a kid last month ^^

3. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

I'm always lightened up, bro. Doesn't mean I'm going to cater to stupidity. Also, profanity; lighten up, bro. :)

4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

she was in the off topic section.

she decided she had no one else to ask for advice so she asked here.
    you were being rude for no reason and deserved obewan's response.

@chadderz - Congrats to your friend!

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I haven't talked to them in a year :p

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Not when it comes across as a personal attack.

One act of rudeness does not mean you can retaliate in kind.

7. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

an eye for an eye leaves the world blind?

so then no one can fight!
    but what if you're a bling judoka?

8. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I know I'm getting old when I can't understand half the darn things kids say nowadays.

9. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

sooo, wait, if i'm getting this right. the OP is concerned because she can't go home too late.

solution:

START EARLIER.

*facepalm*

10. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

She's an imbecile. She's asking how to bang her man but get home before curfew. That's the stupidest most idiotic question ever asked by anyone under any circumstances, EVER. I'd say my reasoning is pretty spot on.

@Devil Hanzo - you need to go back and read the TOS. Seriously. It's obvious calling people imbeciles when they are asking for help is NOT on. If it's not. Stop typing and go read the TOS again.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
  11. righty

righty Valued Member

This is simple - make your future husband your now husband, since you seem to sure on this. Then you can do what you like. Find an Elvis or other person able to complete a marriage ceremony at short notice. Bribe a few random passers-by with cake to be witnesses. Then you can do what you want as it's not longer your Mom's concern because you are married. It's worth it you know.

12. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Couple points first of all that is your name or a nickname for "Richard" and two if the shoe fits, as it seems to...:)

13. righty

righty Valued Member

OP still hasn't responded to queries regarding her age. Some of these suggestions can be illegal in bad ways without this information. As with any question posed, especially over the internet, one is unable to give very relevant advice if all the information is not given.

14. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

doh! For those of us a decade + past 30? :D:ban:

15. slipthejab

and it'd be even more stupid and idiotic for letting it get you banned because you weren't mature enough to figure out how to post an even, balanced response that didn't resort to name calling and derision. Seriously. I don't think it's all that crazy of a question (I'm sure most people her age wrestle with the issue at one point or another) and that it's posted on the net isn't that crazy either (in that it's totally acceptable to post this sort of thing - she did say TMI in her thread title). If you can't understand why that is then the times are passing you by faster than you think.

People (this is everyone!!)... NO more foul language NO more personal attacks of any kind. Her post doesn't mean the thread can descend into some juvenile name calling fest. If you haven't got something constructive to post then don't post.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  16. slipthejab

As much as I'm trying to not go down the road of cynicism... this pretty illustrates much of the problem with relationships today:

Attached Files:

17. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

This has got to be a joke. I thought we Kuk Sool instructors were supposed to help instill structure and focus in our students as well as self control and self worth? I know we're not able to controll our students actions but holy crap this is bad. KSN Princess...was this done as a joke or are you being serious?

18. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

This post is full of hilarious fail.

Massive Fail #1: This is the off-topic forum, and yet you're criticizing someone for posting something off-topic.
    Massive Fail #2: Your entire post is a critique of someone else's English, and yet ends in a run-on sentence with a comma splice.

In short, your post that I have just quoted is one big, idiotic failbomb. Even this response is more attention than it deserved.

Maybe next time, you'll divert enough attention from slinging dim-witted e-insults to avoid tripping over all that fail. Have a nice day.

[​IMG]

19. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Sure!:hat:

20. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Lighten up D.

Duelist that is. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.