Lion Dance

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by jeff00, Jun 17, 2008.

1. jeff00

jeff00 New Member

Does any one here have there own Lion in there house to practice with? Or do you just practice it in the club.
    Dont think the neigbours would be to happy if I started banging on the Drums:D

2. laugarfist

laugarfist New Member Supporter

Yeah I have a lion at home and a drum. The neighbours don't seem to mind too much. Well, I imagine their banging on the wall is just them joining in :D

3. hungkuen

hungkuen Valued Member

I've got my own lion as well...no drum though. Working on that one :)

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

When we trained at the centre, we recieved a warning from the Environmental Health Officer, getting complaints from the language school next door that we're too loud with the drums. Which made Chinese New Year a bit difficult.
    We made a stink saying...how come they get to express their religious beliefs by playing music and singing hymns and we cant express our cultural heritage by banging our drums and cymbals?

Still didn't get anywhere...so we gotta close all the windows n stuff.

Lion Dance, although a very important part of our system...I totally suck at it. I can do cymbals but usually posted as Flag Bearer (as when another school walks past and challenges us, usually the flag bearer gets smacked first) :p