Liddell vs. Silva

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by stellhornata, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Sever

Sever Valued Member

One of those times that I hate it when I'm right :cry:
    Fight's probably off. It's not the best source, but they've been right about stuff before
    If I'm honest, I'm not at all surprised it's not happening, I'm more surprised that it's Pride stopping it this time. Pride has promised before to send over fighters, but this time the UFC had so much more to lose than Pride did that I was expecting it to be the UFC stopping it or an "injury" to either fighter in their big upcoming matches.
    By the same token, if it genuinely is "Pride and the Japanese being difficult to deal with," I think it still makes the UFC look like chumps - Dana White dealt with them before and got the same thing, he knows how they play the game. He can't use this excuse again and expect it to fly
    What IS interesting is that this news comes just a couple of days after Pride president Mr Sakikabara announced that he wants to run an MMA "superbowl" in the US next year and get his fighters to take belts off every UFC champion, claiming that his fighters would "Devour" the UFC's
    EDIT: this is now up on MMAWeekly's page here . I'd be interested to hear Pride's comments on this

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  2. Rapid

Rapid Valued Member

Just because people with more power than chuck havent knocked silva out doesnt mean that chuck isnt capable of knocking him out, chuck is capable of knocking out any mma fighter in the world, doesnt mean he would if they fought, just means it could happen

your right about the angry and savage coments though, poor choice of words

3. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Didn't mean to imply that Chuck couldn't knock him out, simply that it was/is improbable.