Lewis vs Klitschko this Saturday

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by johndoch, Jun 18, 2003.

1. johndoch

johndoch upurs

About time Lewis got himself a decent opponent.

Vitali must be one of the few fighters that is taller than Lewis being 6'8". He has a 32 fight career, 31 being stopped inside the distance. His only loss came in 2000 when he pulled out in the ninth round against Chris Byrd with a ripped shoulder muscle. Should be a good scrap. Also heard if Lewis wins he will want to end his career against Roy jnr Jones.

:woo:

So who do you guys think will win?

Could Lewis take Jones?

Personally I think Klitschko is a better fighter but Lewis will take this one on points but it will be very close about 115-114 or 113-115

2. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

What channel is it on?

Sounds like Lewis will be in for a hard fight...

Don't know about Jones, how he'll manage against the bigger fight, would be very interesting!

3. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Dont know if this one is on the box its probably on some obscure pay for view channel.

If Jones took Lewis he certainly would become one of the greatest fighters ever.

4. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

its on sky box office 15 quid rip off for anyone who wants to watch it personally i find the heavyweight division boring now and it has an extreme lack of depth.

would like to see lewis get beat just to get rid of everyone trying to say he is one of the best boxers of all time (come on people Oliver McColl beat him)

5. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Oliver McColl was a good boxer at the start of his career. I reckon his mental state let him down though when working under Don King *ahem*

6. Fergie Boy

Fergie Boy New Member

I think Vitali is the better of the two Klitschko's and this should make for a very interesting fight. But both brothers fight far too square and Lewis should take it, K.O in the 8 th or 9th maybe or a decent points victory. Lewis will have to be a bit more aggressive and look to press home advantages more than he usually does, he is a little to cautious.

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Lennox by Ko in 7

8. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Close call Yoda.

Well the fight ended with a TKO in the 6th. I never saw the fight but did anyone out there watch it?

9. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

Yeap,

I thought the other guy was up on Lewis, except he had one damn nasty cut above his eye so they had to stop it... I'm surprised they let it go for as long as they did. The other guy was also up on the judges score card, Lewis wasn't too happy when they mentioned it :D

10. johndoch

johndoch upurs

hey Bon

Do you know what caused the cut, was it a clash of heads or a legitimate from Lewis?

Cheers

John

11. AsSaSiN

AsSaSiN New Member

It was the edge of Lewis's cut, they were clinching and he did two awseome uppercuts, they really were amazing, i think that they turned the fight in his favou big time. Thing is, Klitchco was not bleeding badly, as his wound was still closed, but for some reson when he went to the corner, they ripped the wound open with a towel and it began bleeding even more. Not sure if thats a mistake, or they ment to do it.

12. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

That's not what I thought...

I thought he got the cut from a cross that Lewis connected with... and I always thought it was bleeding badly :D

13. Sambo Master

Sambo Master Banned Banned

Lewis stinks