Lesson on Self Defense

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by waya, Jan 23, 2003.

1. waya

waya Valued Member

I learned a new lesson Tuesday....
    A) The attacker's head WILL injure your hand when there is no good way to strike a possibly armed attacker.
    B) The police will attempt to jail you for striking someone who has their hand in their jacket telling you they want your money and are approaching your vehicle, trapping you using a wall, another vehicle, and your own door from escape. Even though they stated that you were to hand over your money, the strike against them is still assault on your part.

Make much sense?

2. ROBERT

ROBERT New Member

And the criminal can sue you for damages. It is a sad world we live in. There is NO "SELF DEFENCE" against the bleeding heart controlled system.

Robert

3. KarateKid1975

KarateKid1975 New Member

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 ;) As long as I get away with my life, I will be willing to take the assult charge.

4. waya

waya Valued Member

I was very willing, but I also explained that no jury on Earth would convist because of circumstances. I thought something was wrong with me in the ER, no other party present (last thing he wanted was cops finding him I imagine) to press charges, and some officer talking about cuffing me. What a morning lol

5. iolair

iolair Mostly Harmless

Someone been reading Geoff Thompson?

At any rate, I have to agree with you.... If I really believed my life could be in danger, I would use any and all steps to take out my attacker or get away from them...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2003
  6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

..... or maybe someone's been reading what Geoff Thompson's been reading?

7. Jim

Jim New Member

Waya if you are charged with assault you MUST charge the other party with assault too. If you don't it is as good as admitting that you are guilty in the eyes of the law. If you are trying to press counter charges and the police are giving you the run around it usually means that they don't believe you and you should either ask to speak to the duty sargent to press charges or go to another station and press charges there.

Let us know how you get on.

8. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Sounds like excellent advice Jim!

9. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

One thing I've learnt with the police, what has happened and what is said to have happened are two very different things.

10. waya

waya Valued Member

They still have yet to catch the other party... That's half the problem with charging me. But I called the PD tonight and spoke with a detective and he said the patrol officer has simply lost his mind. So it sounds like most feel I did what I had to do

11. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

Beat the **** out of the guy, worry about the consequences later.

12. Blackbelt

Blackbelt New Member

You must have 2 or 3 witnessess who can confirm that you were assualted, or else you can forget it. A co-worker of mine who was doing his route (I'm a bus driver) had a bus that veered hard to the right every time he hit the brakes.

There was a passenger who for some reason got very ticked off about this and he had the nerve to walk up to this driver and tell him if he didn't stop making the bus jerk that he was going to hit him and called him a racial slur. My friend told this guy to settle down and have a seat. The punk sat down in the seat directly behind the drivers compartment and after a few minutes he reached around and punched the driver in the face not once but twice while the bus was in motion! My friend pulled over and got up out of his seat and started toward the punk, the punk tried to hit my friend again but my friend blocked his punches, grabbed the guy by the shirt collar and executed an over head throw that sent the guy right threw the window!!

The police were called and the guy actually tried to say that my friend started the fight but luckily there were people on the bus who confirmed that the punk hit my friend first and where I live assualting a bus driver is a major offense. The punk had minor cuts, a sprained ankle, and a broken rib. I bet he would have thought twice about punching my friend if he had known he was a 20 year practitioner of hapkido and taekwondo :)

13. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

So theres still some justice in the world ;)

I think a large amount of police will be happy if they can avoid legal action and they think justice has been done.

Its witnesses and statements that make everything official.

14. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

rofl, niice blackbelt.. :)