Left foot keeps taking a beating, now i have a fracture

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by ShadowHawk, Mar 26, 2013.

1. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

I got the xrays back and i have a small fracture on the outer connecting bone right where it meets the heel pretty muc.

Last september I broke my big toe , now that its totally healed BOOM this happens. Doc says it will probably be 30 days to heal. I have a cast on it, first one ever in my life what the heck i feel like a invalid :(

and im not a southpaw just have bad luck

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2013
  2. Vitty

Vitty Valued Member

I wish I got to your age before my first cast, I made it till I was 12, are you in a full or half cast? I fractured my big toe a few years back and I was on crutches with a half cast on and they are hard to get used to, I was hobbling around one night and went to put my foot down then realised I would've probably cracked the cast so I had to sweep out my good leg and fall to the floor.

Hope the healing process goes quickly for you :)

3. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

Thanks, I believe it is a full cast, its up almost to my knee. I need it to heal quick im in venezuela working and my job requires me to stand and be physical with huge engines for 8 hours

4. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Well, that explains the new avatar. I thought you just wanted to show off yer leg! ;)
    Hope it heals quickly and completely!

5. Kenko Enso

Kenko Enso Valued Member

Sounds pretty rough. Hope you have a swift recovery!

6. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

fingers crossed for a speedy recovery! I've not needed a leg cast, but I've needed crutches a few times for various things, make sure you check the rubber pads, sometimes they're old and worn and the metal of the bottom of the crutch will break through, and suddenly your crutches become slippery death traps and you'll do your injury further harm >_<

7. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

Thanks to everyone. I truly need to recover quick for work purposes. Not even counting my cardio is taking a dive right now :(

Least i can still stretch and work my upper body

8. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

get on the hand bike! :3

9. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

HELP! is this normal>?? The lone bone in my foot, the one that leads to the smallest toe on the outside is pretty much 95% healed at the moment and it seems to be BULDGING out?? My other foot is "smooth" in that same area? Is this normal or am I disfigured for life now? Will I be able to fight again??

10. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

OMG, injury downtime is terrible! :bang: Been there, done that. It's going to really suck and will be depressing at times. Keep your mind occupied with various things and do whatever physical activity you can. When you start again, get back into your routine slowly. With that kind of injury, spreading your return/recovery over a month or 2 is not unreasonable. You definitely don't want to mess up the recovery process. Get well soon! May you be back on the mat fully recovered as soon as humanly possible.

11. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

I would need a picture to be sure. Does it hurt like a spur? Perhaps it's set improperly. If it's really odd-looking, have a doc look at it.

12. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Dude! Screwdriver, ice cube, 45 lbs weight (preferably olympic plate but a dumbbell will do), some fire, and a Tapout scarf. That should take care of it.

The above sentence makes about as much sense as looking for medical help on a martial arts forum :p

Can you not go see a doctor to get an X-ray? You probably just have swelling that has saved there, or a calcium buildup where it healed on the fracture. If it's getting better and not changing the way you move or do things then I wouldn't worry about. But me not worrying about something like that has more to do with no medical insurance and the fact it would probably cost me 20k to get it checked out.

13. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

It does not hurt at all. I hope its just a calcium buildup. Unfortunately another Xray will be impossible I am in another country and we went the first time to the hospital under the guise that the injury was work related.

It does not change how I move either, I am just a little freaked out the that it was asymmetrical compared to my other foot now. Other than the time I got my ribs cracked right down the middle where they connect this is my first fracture.

14. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I've broken my right hand twice and fractured the breaks once. I have a moose knuckle now because of it, thing is huge. If I go by personal experience, broken /fractured bones tend to change shape. I wouldn't worry about it too much if it's not hindering movement or causing pain. Not until you're 50-60 and can't walk on it, like I probably won't be able to use my right hand at that age : P.

It'll be ok though, because by the time we get old enough for our injuries to mess with us there will be cybernetic implants and we can become cyborgs!

15. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Shadow I've had so many broken bones it just comes with the territory I guess. I think mine are more brittle than other folks.

16. righty

righty Valued Member

Can I get your definition of 'moose knuckle' please. Because my definition seems to be quite different and doesn't have much to do with a persons hands.