Lee Morrison Goes Full QAnon

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by David Harrison, Oct 11, 2020.

1. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Lee Morrison videos have been popping up in my youtube feed recently, so I've been watching a few. Then this one turned up.

WARNING: he swears a lot (for a good laugh check out his video "The difference between the Street Criminal and the average Law Abiding Citizen" where he blames swearing on TV, amongst other things, for creating a new breed of hyper-violent youth!).

So, the relation to self-defence is this: here you have a self-defence instructor telling people that wearing a mask is a threat to the safety of your children, because the government is being run by murderous paedophiles who want to abduct your children and traffic them.

When you have someone with a fairly high profile in self-defence, a former student of Geoff Thompson (who still speaks highly of him), getting priorities of safety so monumentally bum-backwards, how can you trust their judgement in assessing and preparing students for risk in general?

He says "do your research", by which I can only assume he means gawp at some memes on Facebook.

This is a guy who gives courses on how to survive a London Bridge style terror attack, but apparently wearing a mask to slow the spread of a deadly disease that has already killed far more Britons than all terror attacks combined is an unconscionable attack on our civil liberties that will lead to your children being shipped off to the lizard people for ritual abuse.

So, I took his advice. I did a bit of research, and found that he is talking complete testicles: Fact check: Children cannot be taken away and detained without parental consent under the Coronavirus Act

When instructors are taken in by obvious codswallop, and seem incapable of filtering information or prioritising risk management based on evidence, can you take them seriously in any other field?

Morik, Grond and Dead_pool like this.
  2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I had an incident at work that brought up a similar issue. We are a ballot drop off location. The Registrar of Voter workers are mostly outside, but come in to set up, break down, and use the rest room. They are supposed to wear masks and follow COVID protocols.

First day, one lady came right into my work area with only a face shield- NO MASK! I reminded her she was supposed to be wearing one and she argued with me! At one point, she said "I have my mask." Like having it in your purse protects anyone? :rolleyes: Anyways, she was ushered outside by the other poll worker. And the other poll worker did get her to wear it.

My boss heard her arguing and complaining for 20 minutes to the other poll worker. The other poll worker reminded her that the training video did say they were supposed to wear masks. Here is the kicker. Apparently, the anti-masker said (paraphrasing) "she was in the health care field and she knows masks don't do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So, this idiot is 1. should NOT be in the healthcare field taking care of anyone. She is unqualified. Just like what the guy in the original post. If you are that stupid, you can't be taken seriously. 2. She put me at risk because she is in a high risk field and breathed her aerosols in my workspace.

So, yeah, I agree David. This guy is unqualified. You CAN'T trust the judgement of people like this. It is scary how many people are being stupid, including people you think SHOULD know better. People in fields where it is rather shocking they don't.

p.s. I immediately distanced myself, and put a fan in my work area. Then went and found something else to do away from my computer for a couple of hours. Then I wiped everything down with disinfection wipes. I also let the person in my department who is handling things with poll workers know. And that lady was only there half a day. She hasn't been back.

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Man who sells fear based lies, is now spreading more fear based lies..... (Shocked Pikachu face)

It would be funny but people I personally know and respect have also gone bore full covid conspiracy case.

But on the plus side TV is good nowadays.

4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Why the Illuminati of course

Dead_pool and David Harrison like this.
  5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Yeah Morrison's gone right off the deep end. Shame really as I used to like his stuff. Still rate his technical content but his politics has become abhorrent to me.
    I don't know why he doesn't just up sticks and move to America? He seems absolutely gutted he can't have the ability to shoot people in the UK. Oblivious to the fact that one reason he doesn't need a gun in this country is because pretty much no one else has one either (the crims who have them and use them generally target each other...although not always of course). He seems to be living in a state of perpetual fear of attack.
    One compete lack of awareness that made me laugh was him criticising "modern men" for being obsessed with man-buns and soy lattes while having some lovely little french bulldog ornaments on the shelf behind him! Where's this list of acceptable masculine interests he appears to be arbitrarily drawing from?

Dead_pool, Grond and David Harrison like this.
  6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

One corner stone of good self protection training and instruction is taking appropriate action against appropriate risk.
    Being switched on enough to make good choices and behaviours based on the correct level of risk in your life without becoming a paranoid Inspector Clouseau jumping at an imagined Kato behind every corner.

Dead_pool, Mitch, aaradia and 2 others like this.
  7. David Harrison

Thankfully I don't know anyone personally who's started wearing a tinfoil hat over this.

Has that made you question their judgement in other matters?

Dead_pool likes this.
  8. David Harrison

I get the impression that he's been stewing in his house during lockdown, unable to make money from seminars, living on a diet of Koch and Mercer funded US propaganda.

I did a double take when he said that people in the UK had their "God-given" right to carry firearms taken away after Dunblane. We never had a "right" to carry firearms, we only had a lack of regulation over a century ago. He goes on about it like Magna Carta was all about how geezers can have a shooter to protect the missus.

My thoughts exactly, well put.

Dead_pool and Grond like this.
  9. Dead_pool

Yes, but I was always aware they were a little unhinged, and at a deeper level, they can't make money well at the moment, but if covid was real that would make them incredibly selfish, therefore it's just be the mainstream scientists that are wrong, not the real "experts", who they've found on fox news etc (mostly amoral grifters, with a few who have different nuonced positions, that are wrongly misrepresented).

It's definitely made me re-evaluate who I spend my time and effort on.

David Harrison and Grond like this.
  10. Grond

Grond Valued Member

When I come across this racist, violent material online I just report it. This particular video falls under "Terrorist Threat" or whatever on Youtube. Whether or not they move it on doesn't matter, it'll feel good to make the report. It's your right, after all, to be upset and to speak out. And don't even bother reading the comments or thinking about the like/dislike ratios. For the most part the only people even watching this video, let alone clicking Like, are Major Tom space cadets with no connection to reality.

Dead_pool likes this.
  11. David Harrison

I'm not actually convinced he is being racist or inciting violence.

He might have been suckered into thinking that BLM is a front for worldwide communist takeover, but that isn't the same as being racist... although it does entirely play into the hands of racists.

He also isn't calling on anyone to inflict violence on anyone, he is just offering training for when the antifa death squads raid your home or whatever.

So he is spreading dangerous disinformation, but I wouldn't say he is being racist or inciting violence.

12. Dead_pool

rs_600x600-190820151248-600-brad-pitt-inglorious-basterds-me-82019.jpg If you have nine Nazis and the guy who's sympathetic to the Nazi's and wants to train Nazis at a table, how many Nazi's do you have?

You have ten Nazis.

Edit, or idiots, or whatever......

aaradia and David Harrison like this.
  13. David Harrison

Fair point.

Dead_pool likes this.
  14. Grond

Grond Valued Member

As I understand it the Q Anon movement is loaded with racist, anti-democracy, and anti-Semitic bigotry, and to be completely honest, I didn't even watch the video, I just concluded it was more of the same that I've seen in the news at rallies, on social media, etc. This is not a peaceful group, they very much advocate the same kind of "stand back and stand by" mentality recently spoken by the President. They take a digital war oath, too, and proudly display the iconography of guerilla warfare in their social media presence. In my mind they are one of the most intimidating groups online and I would hope I stay clear of their ilk forever.

I don't know who this guy is, I do know who his instructor is, so I know this is probably a case of the apple falling very, very farm from the tree. There's bound to be at least a couple in every martial arts family, I think.

It's too bad, you always hope the right training balances people. Here you have the opposite of balanced people, howling to other unbalanced people through digital media.

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

He's been anti "modern men" for quite a while now. We've all gone soft, it ain't like it used to be (or should be), we don't know the realities of the world, etc. Little turns of phrase he uses when teaching.
    But the anti-government, QAnon, paedophile cabal type stuff has cropped up in the last few months.
    The latest video is particularly disturbing because he starts out with the "our god given right to bear arms has been removed by the establishment" and then seems to advocate empty hand skills needing to be military grade level and predicated on being able to kill people.
    Which is not commensurate with most people's day to day risk of lethal violence nor addressing self defence in a way that saves us from physical as well as legal "harm".

David Harrison likes this.
  16. David Harrison

You can always tell a real, old fashioned man by his designer print T-shirt, skinny jeans and porcelain dogs.

Seriously though, even the most respected people in the SD industry seem to teach to their interests rather than probability of risk. Even fewer actually attempt to market to the most vulnerable. Most often bouncers teaching blokes how to batter someone down the pub, but now Lee Morrison has gone all apocalyptic tacticool with his "tier 1 civilian" stuff.

I'm trying to think if I've ever seen a woman training in one of his videos... I don't think I have.

Dead_pool likes this.
  17. David Harrison

The UK has now caught the QAnon disease, so thanks for that! :p

18. Dead_pool

David Harrison likes this.
  19. Dead_pool

He must be upset at Trump normalising the wearing of makeup and hair dye by "males" then!

20. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

He has some women in his videos. Not many I grant you.
    He's got one video called "Wolverine unleashed" which is about female SD I think.
    Bit reluctant to give him a link now though.