Least favorite weapon

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Guitar Nado, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

BUT apparently the brits used to use the water cooling to make tea. You can shoot people and get a brew on at the same time :p

Never trained with weapons but from what I've watched I would say the three piece staff qhich I'm sure probably has a technical name. I couldn't see me using one well and having watched one be used in dog brothers videos the idea of getting hit with one terrifies me

2. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I saw a programme on TV once where some fomrer British soldiers were reminiscing about the retreat to Dunkirk. They were in a farmouse with a machine gun trying to hold off the German attackers, and they ran out of water for the cooling system. Fortunately they found some bottles of champagne, and used them instead!

I love the way that people can find themselves in a life-or-death situation and still see the funny side of things!

3. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Handers or "Hauners" is getting mates to help - you in a fight. Like if you got jumped by 2 guys and I was near you at the time, I would give you handers.

4. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I see.

Well, no-one could have beaten Germany single-handedly at that time, it was just too big and powerful. But France bore the brunt on the western front, won the decisive battles, and was still in there swinging when Germany threw in the towel. So I don't see how they handled their weapons any worse then any of the other combatants.

5. adouglasmhor

Hint - I wasn't actually being serious.

6. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I thought as much, that's why I tried to be a bit less than serious about it myself. I just have a bit of a personal bugbear about comments like that because I often see them made seriously and they tend to annoy me. Ever since I was a little kid I got irritated by the 'we won the war single handed' attitude. I think of it as a real 'little Englander' thing, if you know what I mean. But do you get a lot of it in Scotland too?

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I gave one away years ago, for my own protection. Not sure why I ever bought it in the first place, honestly. I was at the British Muay Thai Championships with my best friend. And, instead of getting some sort of muay thai memorabilia, as would have made sense, I bought an archaic weapon with which I had no training. I was an idiot.

8. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

Three sectional staff or Sansetsukon (sp?)

a weapon I would really like to learn, unfortunately its not covered in our syllabus >__<

9. adouglasmhor

Yes, in a slightly different form, you do realise the Scottish invented everything?

10. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Is that everything apart from the bazillions of things which the Chinese invented?

11. adouglasmhor

No that was the Korean Minority in China, not for nothing are Koreans known as the Scottish of Asia.

12. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

any weapon, as you arent allowed even a pointy stick in the uk, so my theory is train the body above all else, my favourite weapon is the thumb:topic:

13. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Which was only possible because the Irish saved civilization.

Oh,and that would be everything except warpipes-they just added a third drone.Not sure what the collateral damage was from those drones,tho'.

Thumbs? Methinks someone's been watching Sean Connery in "The Presidio" again.

14. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

no jamming em in peoples ribs :cry:

15. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

16. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

I don't really have a favourite weapon but I'm most skilled (in my own humble opinion) in bojutsu and kenjutsu out of all the weapons I own.

Least favourite thing I've ever used is probably the kunai knife, and though I wish I was good with them, rope weapons are a nightmare for me