Least favorite weapon

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Guitar Nado, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Not during the winter months! It is getting warmer out though, so shaving my have to be fit in the schedule soon. But really that just makes me a less effective weapon, less abrasive surface.

2. QuentinL

QuentinL A servant

Worst weapon: The birthday cake
    And officially I'm not allowed to have birthday parties anymore

3. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Least favourite weapon? My own "wit" (I use the term loosely) and motor mouth after a couple of shandies :cry:

In the more conventional sense, for me it's the three section staff, I have one, have tried swinging it about a bit (I've probably not put more than 15 hours in to training it, which must be part of the problem), and I mostly seem to be able to catch myself on the knee and the back of the head. I can see how you can generate a fairly decent strike, although, currently, controlling the damn thing AFTER impact is difficult.

Probably my best move (so far) with it is to throw it at my opponent, and then provide a solid cross while they're trying to work out if they can hit me with the staff...

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I hate the heavy bo staff I had to learn on which had a habit of hitting my shins.

5. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Worst weapon - nail clippers and liquid containers greater than 3.0 oz. I don't really think of them as weapons, but just try and argue that with a TSA representative.

6. QuentinL

QuentinL A servant

On a more serious note,

I hate the machine gun. They can jam up, heavy, and bulky. The French (poorly) used it in WWI and it was a disaster.

7. Ero-Sennin

You say this as if the machine gun is no longer in use?! Unless you mean a specific one they used in France during WWI?

And Immediate Action usually solves all your problems. "Face down, lock bolt to rear, lift feed tray, clear feed tray, inspect chamber, clear chamber, re-rack bolt, fire away." Making sure your ammunition is clean and free of debris as well as linked correctly (if you linked more on to the original belt).

And remember, Brass to the Grass!

Now if we're talking about a .50 cal shell superheating and expanding in the barrel or a MK19 round being stuck . . . you have other issues. Ive seen that happen all of twice in four years and the guns were crappy, second rate pieces of equipment anyways. A jammed MK19 with live rounds is a scary thing.

There are a few people on MAP who know what the hell I'm talking about :p

8. QuentinL

QuentinL A servant

Well, yes. I know very little of machine gun weaponry, but have heard a decent amount of stories to formulate my conclusion

9. Ero-Sennin

It's all in preventative maintenance, understanding the machinery, and being competent in using it more then it is a failure of the actual machine gun. Especially with today's technology. I wouldn't have wanted to use a machine gun back in WWI. Those things used to be water cooled which required a big tank of water to go along with the machine. Imagine having to lug a heavy piece of metal around and a large thing of water all day :cry:

10. QuentinL

QuentinL A servant

In that case, a large tank of water must be deemed the least favorite weapon! ;)

11. DenisGray

DenisGray New Member

For me gun is the least favorite weapon because we heard many consequences that small kid or man hits many peoples.I think gun is a type of weapon where one can't hesitate to keep it and do illegal usage.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Same with any weapon really, although admittedly the time to numbers ratio favours the firearm

13. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Was there a weapon the French used well in the first world war?

14. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

What??

Are you saying that anyone owning a firearm can't help but use it in an illegal manner?

15. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

We learn that the open fan is just for show in a form. And we are also taught how to do that move with the fan closed as the martial way of doing it.

We only use bamboo fans, not the metal ones.

Fan=glorified small stick. But one disguised as a non weapon, so you can carry it places you can't carry a stick.

16. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

This , I strongly believe that carrying any weapon gives overconfidence that leads to situations where the weapon is more likely to be used , the recent Zimmerman Martin case being an example.

17. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

"The blade itself incites to acts of violence."

18. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Hint: they won.

19. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Asking for handers from your mates isn't really a weapon.

20. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

What are 'handers'? I've never heard that expression.