Least favorite weapon

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Guitar Nado, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

For me - throwing knife. It seems a low percentage of times it would really hit. Even a humble slingshot would probably be a better distance weapon. I used to try knife throwing all the time as a kid - it was fun to dork around with, but seems a bad use of a knife really.

Because of this, I just don't like them as weapons (even though I own one). Pretty much anything, no matter how odd is cooler. Even something like the wooden bench some kung fu schools use is a lot cooler. Come to think of it, the wooden bench IS pretty cool...

2. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

I don't really like nunchaku, I feel like they are unwieldy and flashy.

3. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I don't like the flying star. It's too easy to get tagnled with your opponent's sword.

[​IMG]

4. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Õtsuchi, I can't imagine a more ungainly weapon.

[​IMG]

5. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I'm sure I could run off a list of really obscure weapons that I haven't tried. But the bog standard staff, I don't like much. I find it unwieldy. For ME, obviously. There are plenty of people out there who are dynamite with a staff. Me, I'm a danger to myself alone.

6. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I kinda hit myself in the eye with a palm stick the other day. I had my hand in the position as if I was going to do a number two strike (high diagonal back hand). My instructor hit my elbow (lightly) and my arm bounced back and *poke*. Oh, how we laughed!!!

Least favourite weapon...maybe 2 handed swords. Not had a lot of experience with them, but didn't like them when I did Ninja stuff years ago. It just seems a waste of a hand.

7. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I am not a big fan of the machete crossbow myself.

[​IMG]

8. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

The gun. Far too loud!

9. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

I don't have a least favourite weapon, though I didn't enjoy the little bit of Jodo I did. Strangely enough, I really enjoy Shillelagh.

I'm happy enough with whatever force multiplier I have the fortune of studying.

How about the lance? Only for the fact that I don't care for horses.

Best regards,

-Mark

10. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Kung Fu/Fighting fans. What a ridiculous weapon.

[​IMG]

11. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

What is wrong with you????? That is the most awesome thing I have EVER seen and Jorg is my new hero.

12. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

It was a useful skill in China where people carried fans a lot. If you've ever seen any of those RBSD courses that teach you bad Kali dagger work with a cellphone, it's much the same.

13. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Nunchucks , pretty much useless the way most people try to use them.

14. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I would have to say my own body, especially if the other guy has a weapon that isn't his own flailing limbs.

15. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I would have to say Ero-Sennin's body as well. Way too flail-y.

16. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I think the hair would get to you more. Especially the two wings of hair I have on my back.

17. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Eww. :[

18. komuso

komuso Valued Member

I dont know about you folks, but I constantly have problems with my phaser running out of batteries.

Something to do with too much kill and not enough stun?

paul

P.S. That machete gun is the coolest thing ever invented by anyboady ever. Nobel prize for that man or woman.

19. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

I have learnt some forms with Fans and seen them demonstrated when I did DSD. I still think they are useless.

20. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member