Latest Karate Combat "Anger Wat"

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Mitlov, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

The sci-fi theater stuff is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a combat sports competition. Literally cheesier than Stargate Atlantis. Somebody needs to start telling Bas Rutten "no."

The fights were...not bad. The second was really enjoyable to me because it felt so much like a Kyokushin-versus-Shotokan fight with a neutral rule-set.

The last one...all I will say without a spoiler tag is that I really think there needs to be better medical present for this event. Did NOT like how that situation was handled. I actually had to look online to make sure everyone was okay afterward.

Anyone else watch this?

axelb likes this.
  2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

They need to look at everything from medical cover to ring design. How do you get a stretcher in there? That was proper amateur hour stuff and I hope the guy was ok.

aaradia and Mitlov like this.
  3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

That end was very disturbing. No idea why it took so long for anyone to realise that guy was in a bad way. As soon as he started wilting and blinking the ref should have called in medics. Not a fan of the graphics, gi pants or commentating team.

Mitlov likes this.
  4. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

A subsequent tweet stated that it was diagnosed as rhabdo (not a brain injury as I thought) and he's going to be fine...but I thought I was watching someone dying from a brain bleed. I didn't like watching it and I didn't like how it was handled.

5. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

They just released "episode 2" with three more fights. Better fights this time in my opinion, especially the third, which almost had an old-school PKA-karate feel to it. Also featured Josh Quayhagen in fight number 2, and I've always enjoyed watching him fight.