Kyokushinkai Kata Videos

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Saz, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

For anyone who's interested in kata (kyokushin or otherwise) this website has all the Kyokushinkai kata's up to first Dan. The site itself is in French, but the quality of the video's is fair, and Osu is the same in any language :D

http://membres.lycos.fr/ekkauby/Les_Katas/katas.html

2. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

:(The video won't play on my computer :(

3. paul paterson

paul paterson Valued Member

Osu,

Same here, has anyone else found the same problem?

Paul Paterson.

4. Killerbee

Killerbee New Member

Does anyone by any chance know where I can find Kyokushin Kumite fights?

5. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Annoy K girl.

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Yep, I just checked and I have a similar problem. Seems to be Windows Media player.

Try right clicking the files and choosing 'Save Target As' from the menu, then downloading them onto your hard disk. That worked for me.

If you still have problems, let me know, I'll put them on my uni web server

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Killerbee, I have a few Kyokushin kumite fight clips here. I'll see if I can sort out some webspace for them and put them there for people to download.

If anyone else has some, PM me :D

8. Killerbee

Killerbee New Member

Thank you Kyokushin Girl.

9. kerling

kerling Hidden haito style

hey kgirl

these videos are very cool to watch.
    I practice shotokan and the movements in the first 3 katas are the same as in shotokan. I didn't realize how similear the styles are.

But tell me. The guy in these videos is leaning forward while doing punches. Is this common practise in your style?

And to your oppinion is this a good kata demonstration?

Regards Kerling

10. kyoku115

kyoku115 New Member

any one know where ther are nidan kats ..have looked on quite a few sites but can only find kyu grade katas ..

11. jmd161

jmd161 Hak Fu Mun

Does'nt work for me either.

I tried downloading it like you said and it still did'nt work for me.

It would'nt work either way.

jeff:)

12. crumpet

crumpet Valued Member

worked ok for me. i have a d/l manager though, and just right clicked and 'saved all'.
    hey i'd like to see those kumite clips as well if u don't mind :) i have a couple of knockdown clips from a friend's tourney, but i'm not sure if he'd let me post them. they're the only clips i've seen of kks, looks pretty cool :)

13. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I forgot about that, I'll try and get some up by Sunday, if I remember, I'm just pretty busy right now. If your friend is willing, I'd like to see those clips.

Kerling, we lean forward slighty in the punches to get reach, but only slightly. Some people just overcompensate. In my opinion, its a good kata demo yes, as far as our style goes at least. I find Shotokan kata's flow more than Kyokushinkai katas, we tend to focus on sharp movements.

Kyoku115, If I find any nidan kata's, I'll let you know. I haven't seen any yet though I'm afraid.

14. kerling

Kgirl

I need ot look at them more closely but I love to look at good kata. I can send you links to some shotocan katas if you want to take a look at some videos from a training camp in Iceland.

Regards Kerling

15. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Yeah, that'd be good. Send em over :D

16. kerling

kgirl I sent you the link in a pm

Regards Kerling

17. keldor

keldor New Member

KGirl

I followed the link to the French site to check out those kata videos but wasn't able to find them there. Do you know whether they are still available on that site? I'm very keen to check them out. :)

Keldor

18. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

They're not still available on that site.

I'm gonna have to see what I can do about setting something up. I have them on my hard disk

19. keldor

keldor New Member

KGirl

No worries. Can you let me know when you work something out.

Thanks
    Keldor

20. keldor

keldor New Member

Hi KGirl

Have been browsing the web for Kyokushinkai kata videos and have found some at www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Rapids/1571/kata.htm

I could only download yantsu, tensho and seipai. Have you any news on those others you have on hard drive?

Keldor