Kyokushin Preperation Exercises...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ninjapiratecapn, Jul 6, 2007.

1. ninjapiratecapn

ninjapiratecapn Est. 1986

Kyokushin Preparation Exercises...

So, I've recently decided to drop all of my other MA training and train as a live-in student with these guys: http://www.budokaratehouse.com/

Anyway, these are Kyokushin guys, and they train like maniacs. So, I'm looking to start training in the type of exercises they use, so that I can get in some semblance of shape before I get there. I already know I need:

Knuckle Push-ups
    Jumping Squats
    Crunches
    Pull-ups
    Back sit-ups (I think these are called Supermans?)
    Running

Is this all I'll need, or are there other types of exercises that Kyokushin guys do? Also, how does one correctly do knuckle push-ups? I understand that it's easy to injure oneself doing them, so I want to learn proper technique before starting.

On an unrelated note, is there any difference between running on a treadmill, and running on a track? The school has running every morning, and I don't know if running on a treadmill (which I now do) will properly prepare me for this.

Also, if anyone has any other advice on what to do to prepare physically for this type of extreme training, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  2. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

Running on a treadmill is significantly easier than running outside. If you wished to use the former to prepare for the latter, I suggest you add a slight incline and train to run faster and further than you expect to run outside.

Even better though, would be to get outside, enjoy the fresh air, the changing scenery, the naturally changing topography and terrain, etc... :)

Other training, I like the list you have. I would also suggest Ross Enemait's stuff for general conditioning. Specific exercises you can pick up quickly, whereas general conditioning takes longer to develop. Everything helps, just keep pushing a little harder, and get lots of rest.