Kung Fu Register

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Andy Murray, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Hi there,

If you currently practice a Chinese Martial Art system, please tell us about it, and why you train in it.

Andy

Last edited: Dec 5, 2002
  2. Spike

Spike New Member

Hey there all, My name is Spike and I am a practitioner of a Chinese Style.
    It`s a club in Stirling and the style is called, Lan Jung Kuen.

3. Andy Murray

Hi Spike,

Good to see another Chinese stylist on board. Can you translate Lan Jung Kuen for us at all? The Japanese and Korean stylists won't know what it means.

Would I be right in saying you have been training with Angus (The Sidekick) Muedell?

Regards

Andy

4. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

Spike

HI spike, nice to see you here...to see you nice.

Am i right in saying that we met you in Edinburgh, your girlfriend has atattoo on her leg and you think that rhyming your defense in court is a much better way of proving your innocence?

anyway...good to see you here.

tell Angus we're asking for him.

ta

5. fluffydoc

fluffydoc Carry On MAPper

Hey, you all know me but for my tuppence worth I'm doing Wing Chun in Edinburgh.

6. Andy Murray

Hi Lynne,

yeah somehow we missed you, so sorry pal. A belated welcome to the boards you already tread so well. Can you give us anything to get our teeth into on the Wing Chun thread, as you seem to be our most practiced member at the moment.

Andy ;)

7. fluffydoc

fluffydoc Carry On MAPper

I'll have a think while I'm on holiday and try to come up with something.

8. Spike

Spike New Member

In answer to your queries, in no specific order.
    Yes, I`m the guy who met you in Edinburgh and I stand by my proposal that legal defences which rhyme ar the most effective.

I have been training with Angus and he has said he will get in contact as soon as he`s less busy. He says that he`s had some enjoyable fights with you, I assume he meant in competitions but decided not to enquire to far :)

Lan Jung Kuen, to the best of my knowledge translates as "South China Fist" I shall find out for certain tonight.

9. innovatao

innovatao New Member

Brian here, aka Inomine (In om in ay), also aka Innovatao.
    Webmaster of the Stafford / Cannock / Codsall Lau Gar clubs, and Lau Gar Practitioner :)

10. Eddie

Eddie New Member

been a while since ive been here...

Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu in the house!!!!!!!

BTW, if im correct, Lam Tsung Kuen would probably translate to Southern Middle Fist or something to that effect. Just depends on which character for tsong you use.
    Please send us some more detail on your style, seems pretty interesting.
    ciao

11. Andy Murray

Hi Brian, Hi Eddie

Good to see you guys here, us CMA have been getting a little overwhelmed by Karateka and TKDoers of late. Eddie, tell us a bit about CLF if you get a moment please.

Andy

12. tuney30

tuney30 New Member

im new 2 martial arts and you say many clubs have no advertising.How would i find a club with little advertising in my area.

13. Andy Murray

Hi Tuney,

welcome to the forum.

Two things you can do here;

One, is what you have just done, which is post here. If you give us an idea of what you might be looking for, then I'm sure we'll be able to help.

Two, is see if you can find a Martial Arts shop in your area, as these kind of stores usually know who does what in the region.

Good Luck

Andy

14. Eddie

Eddie New Member

Att: Tuny30

Im not to sure where wolverhampton is, but it definatly sounds like you're somewhere in the UK.

Check out this website www.choyleefut.co.uk and contact the webmaster (Alec) for more info on the best :D kung fu style in the world. There are a few clf schools in the uk, but im not sure where. From my lineage there is one school in Ireland.
    Later
    Eddie

15. Seung Ga Faat

Seung Ga Faat New Member

Hello, I'm a 7-Star Praying Mantis practioner. In the Washington DC area of the USA.

16. Andy Murray

Hi Thomas, and welcome.

So far as I know, you're our only Mantis practitioner on site, so please tell us a little more about the style if you will.

Andy

17. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Hi, my name is Phillip S., from a small town called Andrews, SC, in the USA (at the moment I'm in Huntsville, AL attending college).

I've studied, Shaolin, and Wing Chun kungfu, about 3 years of wing chun and 1 year of shaolin.

Although I'm a mixed stlyed martial artist; I'm still trying to learn all that I can within the chinese martial arts

Last edited: Sep 29, 2002
  18. Russ

Russ New Member

Hi,
    I train at Ng Gar Tien Wing Chun, Runcorn, Cheshire. Been training for just over 2 years under Sifu Mike Ng. We're a friendly family club with about 20 members.
    Also train under 'Yoda' in Guba Doce Pares.

19. Andy Murray

Hi Russ,

welcome to the itsy bitsy Kung Fu section of the forum. Could you possibly find it in your heart to explain a little about your branch of Wing Chun's lineage. Are you guys off the Yip Man branch or someone else?

Hmmmm, tell us some stuff, and I'll let you off with that Triangle choke-out

20. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

If I may be so bold ....

(Corect me if I'm wrong guys)

Yip Man > Leung Ting > Nick Smart > Paul Nairn > Mike Ng > Russ.