Kung fu chat............

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Su lin, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Jamesm

Jamesm Outraged

But someone is too busy doing Bodycombat these days. :confused:
    Muay thai might be the way to go, as Tim suggests.
    Scared though.

2. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

then I guess I'll just turn around and leave! :woo:

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

And what's wrong with Body Combat, I'm a black belt in it these days :D

Only joking!

I think muay thai is a good option too but also scared.Although the shiny satin shorts do appeal to me though :D

4. Tim T

Tim T Iam Jacks Smirkng Revenge

thats lame :)..our club went down to one class a week for while when the numbers got to low so i made it my own personal campaign to get more people to the club so we could get the class's back up again... two classes a week now but its still not enough ! ;)

5. Tim T

Ive got to say muay thai is awesome...its brutal :D which i think is great. The only diffrence for me is that the training is much more intense than we do at kungfu... i literally leave two hours later drenched through unable to think or move LOL ;)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  6. Jamesm

Jamesm Outraged

Although I train outside of class, as soon as winter hits, it becomes nigh-on impossible.
    Banging away at a punch bag in the dark is good, but its not the same as having a space and partners to work with.
    And Su Lin won't try Ju Jitsu because of her "back injury".

7. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

You're kidding me, every class I train in is that way and if I didn't have my students drenched in sweat within 10 minutes, they'd complain something was wrong

8. Jamesm

Jamesm Outraged

Muay Thai would certainly be great for the fitness, and would help a lot for our black belt grading, which in our association is, physically, a nightmare I am told.

9. Tim T

dont get me wrong we train really hard at my laugar club and im drenched there as well but i do find it a struggle to keep up at the muay thai guys depsite three years laugar + kickboxing, its alot of stamina/endurance training which i suck at! lol

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  10. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Check under your pillow ;)

:D

11. Jamesm

Jamesm Outraged

That's very much how our class works, especially for me.

12. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Yeah,it is an issue! I would like to try it at some point but it can go at any point (my back) and don't want to risk knackering it up again!

13. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

Aye, I also include BJJ/MMA in with our Kung Fu, so they get a variety of training, stamina, endurance, conditioning, sparring, practical application.
    It was tough before the BJJ/MMA, now it's more so :D

14. Tim T

:cry: LMFAO, just looked up bodycombat! Su please tell us its not true! LOL :D

15. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

It's ALL true :D I only go because I get it included in my gym membership really. :D It's kind of fun,especially watching people try and punch,and those extra special people who have absolutely no co-ordination and end up going completely the opposite way to everyone else:D

Even Jamesm has been know to do it! :D

16. Jamesm

Jamesm Outraged

Our Sifu does the class, and he has roped me into it (one time, in the middle of lancaster when they were doing a demonstraition - embarrasing.)
    It's pretty knackering, and it's only fit girls that seem to go!
    Thinking about it, it's pretty good!

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Woo hoo I'm a fit girl :D

It's an hour of intensive (ish) cardio work :D I chickened out of the demo!

18. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

been telling you that for months ;)

:D

19. Tim T

please tell me there is a video? lol ;) :D

20. Jamesm

Jamesm Outraged

Thank god there is no video evidence, but there were some still photos in the gym of me in a fine horse stance, doing some weird karate-type hand block thing to the tune of Europe's "Final Countdown" (remix).