Kuk Sool Won?

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by NeonxBurst, Sep 5, 2004.

1. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

In my area there's a Kuk Sool Won school. And I was thinking what's Kuk Sool Won and then I thought MAP. Anyway I know absolutely nothing of the art and I was thinking of taking a free lesson there just to see what it's like, and not to mention I've been looking for a place for my cousin to train because after two years of sparring with him he's finally intrested in the Martial Arts and of course couldn't make it easy and choose Karate or TKD.

So any helps appreciated

thanks,
    Neonxburst

2. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

have a look at www.kuksoolwon.com

i've been training in it for over 5 1/2 years now and i love it, mainly because it is different and not as well known as karate and tkd.

it was formed in the 1950's by grandmaster (kuk sa nim) in hyuk suh, in much the same way as bruce lee devised jkd.

basically he took the best bits of the three tradtional korean styles to make one compresive art, unlike karate, kung fu and others there aren't any different styles to kuk sool.

it comprises, hand strikes,leg tecniques, pressure point strikes and techniques, joint locks, falling techniques and acrobatics, traditional korean weapons, mediation and acupressure and acupuncture.

go take a look and dare to be different

3. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

I checked out that sight and I was very pleased at the information. I may have to cross train in that if I like the school.

4. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

lol it may not be such a good idea to think of the forum as your very first resource :p

5. doors

doors Valued Member

i started kuk sool won about 2 weeks ago and have been training 6 days a week and i love it i would definatley recomend it

6. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

If it was available around here, I'd be looking at it.

7. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

I sparred in kuk sool for the first time, and it was against a girl. I went in open minded and by the time we were done we were bleedin in places.