Kuk Sool won/Lost my way

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Hyung1988, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Go back several posts and read the big bit....go on....then apologize for not reading properly

In case that is too complicated let me help you...

NONE OF US ACTUALLY PRACTICE KYOKUSHIN

does that help or would a pop up book be needed to facilitate you grasping that fairly fundamental point?

Dead_pool likes this.
  2. Nilla

Nilla New Member

TMA?

3. Nilla

Nilla New Member

Nope, not at all. I wrote more than that and you know it.

4. Nilla

Nilla New Member

But you sure are pointing out how it can provide what CullyKSW is looking for and defending that point to the bitter end. So, what you are saying it you can't answer my questions about Kyokushin? So, why the heck you are even typing? LOL!

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Nilla, if you are just trolling for a bite then you are barking up the wrong tree.

You joined MAP in 2004, so should know how we operate.

If we aren't progressing then the thread is worthless and may as well be locked.

Hannibal likes this.
  6. Hannibal

Again with the huge reading comprehension failure.....

Is English a second language for you?

7. Hannibal

As the OP left and we seem to be having a live infinite monkey test that might be a good idea

8. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod note: Nilla and Hannibal, I think your beef with each other at this point is better suited to Private Message than in this thread. Please continue there. thanks!

Simon likes this.
  9. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

[​IMG]

Is it 1995?

Hannibal likes this.
  10. Nilla

Nilla New Member

I don't have a beef with anybody. I responded to CullyKSW and his angle about KSW. Someone made an absolute statement and I called THAT poster out on it. Then several posters kept mentioning Kyokushin, but they didn't do Kyokushin and gladly admit they didn't when I confronted them on it. Isn't that a weird thing to do? Hopefully, Cully, you, and everyone else have found their way in the martial arts world to y'alls liking.

I'll say it another way, "If Kuk Sool Won(any MA) isn't for you, then follow your heart and start your next journey!"

Yes, I joined in 2004 and threads like this one probably explains my absence for however many years.

upload_2017-12-11_9-56-32.png

Good luck, stay healthy, and keep on keepin' on in 2018! Kyung Nyay!

11. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Eh??

That's not at all what happened.....

And that's why KSW gets a bad press.

Mitch and Hannibal like this.
  12. Nilla

Nilla New Member

You're sitting here trying to say CullyKSW didn't write the highlighted words that I quoted?

upload_2017-12-12_10-55-34.png

You're also trying to say someone didn't say Kyokushin?\

upload_2017-12-12_10-57-2.png

Are you also trying to say that one of said posters denied doing Kyokushin?

upload_2017-12-12_10-58-35.png

Still a weird phenomenon to do stuff like this, but hey what do I know I'm just a dude who knows what CullyKSW wrote and offered him advice. He wanted to be punched while doing stuff...did he not say that? Let

Anymore attempts on your part?

This is truly amazing. Caught with screen snips and you persist in denying it.

13. philosoraptor

Nilla it seems like you have some basic issues with reading comprehension; the point is that yes, indeed, traditional martial arts can provide you with the experience of punching, getting punched, kicking, and getting kicked.

Dead_pool likes this.
  14. Nilla

Nilla New Member

Yes, and so does KSW. Cully wanted more. I pointed him to more. I have ZERO comprehension issues. I've pointed that out. Do you do Kyokushin? Can you unequivocally state they can provide what Cully wanted? Traditional schools cater to a different clientele, always have. Cagefighting/MMA schools get the more physical and serious clientele, always have. The two offer different spectrums and those spectrums are determined by clientele base. Only an idiot would not look at potential clientele and offer a service they do not want thereby limiting income potential. Cage fighting/MMA schools/gyms/dojo/etc have a more loose atmosphere - from all the videos I've seen, whereas traditional have a more rigid atmosphere. One can also easily discern - JUST FROM APPEARANCES - the two approaches. And the perspective customer knows basically what to expect from said appearance. While exceptions do occur, they are not rule. Many MMA/Cagefighting businesses will actually have a ring, most traditional will not. Are you following along? But hey, KYOKUSHIN! Now, I have zero issues with Kyokushin. Wish all those schools well, as many people need the structure of martial arts in their lives. Let's rehash what Cully KSW wrote.

This right here is either a slam against a specific martial art, KSW in this case, or saying the traditional approach isn't for him and too basic and slow.

He literally just wrote it!!!!

He's saying traditional sparring doesn't prove anything

He's saying he wants full contact, something very few traditional schools offer due to clientele, insurance costs, risk, liability, etc.

And he's saying that! Are we all on the same page, yet? Hence, my original statement about "sounds like you have a hunger for fighting". Have a great day! but hey, Kyokushin!

15. philosoraptor

Then your statement "You'll get punched, punch back, kicked, kicked back to your heart' content. Traditional Martial Arts can never provide that." is false.

I can unequivocally state that yes, at a Kyokushin school "You'll get punched, punch back, kicked, kicked back to your heart' content." But maybe you don't consider it traditional. It is three years younger than KSW.

Muay thai, kyokushin, boxing, wrestling all have very physical and serious clientele.

You're advocating judging a book by its cover then.

Boxing, judo, kyokushin, muay thai, etc. all have traditional sparring. I'm not sure what you are saying when you say 'traditional.'

Again, this isn't the case unless you are operating with a circular definition of traditional; eg traditional schools don't offer sparring, and schools that don't offer sparring are traditional.

Not at all: there are traditional arts that offer exactly what he's looking for.

16. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Your mischaracterising the conversation after that.

Either your willfully misreading the posts, or doing it through ignorance, either one is disturbing.

Also as already said, it's not cage fighting, anymore then KSW is Mat dancing.

17. Nilla

Nilla New Member

It isn't false because it based on the entire context of CullyKSW's post.

Another non-statement by me floated by KSW haters. This is about CullyKSWs statement of wanting real world application. Do I need to rehash that statement again? I really don't want to, but your committed to this. "I found the lack of physical contact even in sparring when you are head to toe in padding makes it very hard to transfer to the real world if ever needed which every martial artist hopes its not." Now, come on...this is getting silly on your end. Where exactly is your Kyokushin school located? Have a website of some such? See, I know exactly what KSW offers and I don't think you're following that. I've also been around many, many other school owners of differing styles and the sparring in what people consider traditional schools is very similar with nuances. The LAST thing they want is injured students that stop paying and showing up or heaven forbid sue the cheese and onion toastie out of them for the injury that occurred. This is a topic of discussion at every yearly seminar held by professionals in the overall business.

EXACTLY! But wrestling, boxing isn't considered martial arts in most people's minds and that clientele is even smaller.

yes, yes I am. And it is appropriate and nothing wrong with it. Let me help you out here visually.

"traditional approach"
    upload_2017-12-12_12-4-24.png

"MMA/Cagefighting approach"
    upload_2017-12-12_12-5-59.png

There in lies the crux of your misunderstanding. Traditional schools, not traditional sparring, not traditional styles...SCHOOLS! And yes, some styles only operate under what most people know as traditional approach. A more classical classroom approach compared to a lab style approach. Neither is wrong, neither is right...they are different and cater to a different mindset. That is all.

Where are you getting that from? I've said nothing of the sort.

He's looking for real world application. I asked the question based on real world. What's the issue? Do you know of any martial art that in sparring allows full contact to sensitive/debilatating/maiming areas? I don't know of any because that would result in a loss of clientele. By the way, there's plenty of body contact in KSW and everyone knows this.

But hey, Kyokushin! Where is your Kyokushin school located? I'd like to check it out on sparring night.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2017
  18. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Watch the profanity please.

19. Nilla

Nilla New Member

You are denying facts again. This is incredible to see and that is the most disturbing thing to ever read. So, what's not cage fighting? I never discussed MMA until someone brought it up in reference to my "cagefighting" statement to CullyKSW. So, why quote me and bring that up? I'll have to amend. "But hey...KYOKUSHIN and MMA!"

20. Hannibal

This is now the definition of pigeon chess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.