Kuk Sool Pictures and Other media

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Wolf, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity New Member

Good on you Dave, theres plenty of folk on here who will ridicule people when they see them but won't put there own performances on.

Again good on you mate. :)

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

As far as I know he doesnt have any ranking in Kuk Sool Won, he was a 5th Dan in Tang Soo Do. My old association had ties with the Inverness Kuk Sool Won clubs, I remember Ian Cameron was at a couple of my early gradings and we had a few tournement with his students. He also made swords for us.

3. KSW_Martley

KSW_Martley Valued Member

MADE!? :eek: Wow lol.

If I've got the right person, he was my centre judge at the UK tourny last November. He promoted to 4th degree didn't he?

4. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

yeah, thats the same person. he also makes throwing knives as well.

5. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

HEHE looks like cross training is the least of the GM's worries :D :D :D

6. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

thanks buddy.

the main reason for me doing it was because of split_level's thread asking if there was a vid of the form that he/she could watch to get an idea of how it's "supposed" to be done :Angel:

plus, i wanted to have a play around with windows movie maker :p

7. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

What Assoc of TSD are you with?

8. JSun

JSun Valued Member

Out of all unfairness, that was really funny :D :D :D

Sorry, Dave, I don't know how tall you really are, but it looked like it would have been a devestating side kick to the knee. :D

9. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

10. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Cool vid clip and nice form :D

And that's from a non-KSW practitioner ;)

11. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

We are part of an independant TSD org which roughly follows the World Tang Soo Do Association curriculum.

12. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

i'll assume that is directed and me as ksn matt didn't do a form in his vid so, thanks alot :D

very nice matt, liked the apple cutting :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  13. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

The reason I asked is because I suspected that. Are you interested in the origin of the WTSDA sword forms?

14. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

Yes please, any info you have id be happy if you could share it. Thanks.

15. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

The WTSDA sword was developed by a Master Michael Hicks who I believe is (or was at the time )from Montgomery or Birmingham Alabama. He was a acquaintence of a KSW Master (to what degree I am not sure) who was in or from that region of the country in the late 80's. At some point he adopted the Kuk Sool Straight & Reverse Sword Form and combined them into one hyung, refined and modified some movements, but most importantly he redefined the way the movements were executed, maybe so it was stylistically different. He may have blended sword skills from other sources as well, but I am almost certain the origins are as I have said. I believe it is a Black Belt curriculum form in WTSD today, but I am not sure how it has evolved in the last 15-20 years. It may look significantly different today than it did then. If you are privy to this hyung, and also see the ksw forms please give your opinion of the similarity, if any still exsists.

16. KSN GT

KSN GT Valued Member

nice sampler Matt, can see you have been training hard!
    congrats to Dave for posting first.
    think i'll have a look at my clips, see if i have anything worth posting.
    cheers

17. KSN GT

KSN GT Valued Member

ok had a quick look, this is all i got to hand.

http://www.soundmovement.com/clients/map/

a couple of flips and some techniques, performed by me and JKN Graham (in Generals Uniform) throwing me.

you will need the latest version of Quicktime i think? u can get it free @ apple.com if u dont have it.

enjoy

lets see some more clips!

18. Split_level

Split_level New Member

All the vids in this post and the other kicho hyung are great and really useful. thanks. maybe if we all contribute we make our own MAP Kuk Sool DVD and charge loads of dosh for it :D

cant seem to get the vid to work, i can only get sound?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  19. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

We'd probably make more money selling the out takes to "You've been Framed" :D :D :D

20. KSN GT

KSN GT Valued Member

i sent 2 clips to Youve been framed, they sent them back!
    said it wasnt what they were lookin for!
    shame, i could have used the money!

as i mentioned bout the clips, you will prob need most recent Quicktime Player installed on ur puter. free download from apple.com