Kuk Sool Checkin

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Wolf, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Samagi

Samagi Valued Member

Len Trevino
    San Antonio, Texas

2. KSN_Princess

KSN_Princess Kuk Sool Won Princess

howdy ya'll

Lu - Sugar Land TX

3. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

welcome folks! been to san antonio once (we got a school there). thought everybody was crazy when they ordered 'queso' on the side until i saw what magic it was!

4. MUSOOLJOHN

MUSOOLJOHN AKA KUKSOOLJOHN

Welcome Len, Enjoyed your grand Opening, se ya next weekend.

5. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

Somehow, Samagi, I never envisioned you as the "bug-loving" type. LOL

Hopefully you'll avoid any serious flooding issues in your hometown for a few years, as I believe last year was extremely eventful in that regard, right?

6. Samagi

Samagi Valued Member

Thanks!!!

Yea, I like bugs!

7. elephruit

elephruit Wocka wocka!

I study Kuk Sool at...
    Timmerman's Martial Arts in Ontario Canada

8. MUSOOL1

MUSOOL1 New Member

Hello, I’m from Texas, longtime kuk sool won student now mu sool won. I’m a black belt but nobody important. I’ve been on martial arts planet often and recently signed up.

9. drewsif

drewsif Valued Member

Welcome, MUSOOL1, good to have more of us here. :)

10. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

Hello All. I've been involved with Kuk Sool Won since 1988 and have trained at several schools including; PSBN Kossman Shaw AFB SC, KJN Simms Alabama, KJN Gause Palmdale CA. I only just received my first degree through a special promotion by Kuk Sa Nym. I'm very anxious to start on 2nd degree, but there are no schools here in Vegas.

11. Dragonkarma

Dragonkarma Valued Member

Xanth

There needs to be a school in Vegas !!!!!!!!

The best you can do for now is find a school you are willing to commute to once per month and load up on homework.
    Contact HQ to keep updated.

You have to be a second degree to open a school now unless you get special permission from HQ.

There's a seminar at master Gause's place in Valencia Ca. Feb.6th 9am -12:30pm. Kuk Sa Nym, masters Barry Harmon and Sung Jin Suh will be there.

12. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Congrats Xanth,

Training Kuk Sool Won since 1988 must have been hit and miss? Did you do any other MA in between? I guess you move around a lot, yes? I'm impressed with your dedication to Kuk Sool Won. I hope you get to open a school in Vegas. I'd come out to visit I've never been to there.

Good Luck!

13. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

Yes, I did move around. I was on Active Duty from 87 to 07 with the Air Force and seemed to only be near a school on every other assignment. I was fortunate to have trained with Master Simms down his original valley of pain. I must have put on DBN sometine in 90 and only managed to take my 2nd JKN test in 2000. I was injured (Plantar Fasciitus and Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome) on both feet so I couldn't test again the following year. I was moved to my last Active duty location before I could complete my third test. With the problems I've had with my feet, I've been unable to train much in the last 10 years. I wrote a letter to the HQ and asked if they would review my records and consider a promotion and I was very fortunate to have the sympathetic ear of the Grandmaster. I've been out of practive for too long to be able to open my own school here, but I will attempt to attend classes back in Palmdale as much as possible, KJN Gause's old school. It's about 3 hours away. I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do Ji Do Kwan from high school, but after I started Kuk Sool Won I was never really satisified with any other style, so I've remained faithful to it.

DragonKarma:

They do !!, thanks for the info and heads up on the seminar. I'm scheduled for another foot surgury around that time, but I'll try very hard to make it.

14. Dragon2

Dragon2 Valued Member

Hello Xanth, I to was in the USAF and studied TKD-Ji Do Kwan but changed to KSW in 1973. Master Gause has a lot of history/knowledge that he can impart to you about KSW. Welcome to MAP D2

15. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Apart from the "I was in the USAF..." bit, Snap! to the next bit "...studied TKD-Ji Do Kwan but changed to KSW in 1973."

16. Dragon2

Dragon2 Valued Member

Hello pugil remember we studied ji do kwan TKD under Master Cho chom Son and when Master Kim came to England and started teaching tae kwon do and hap ki do together and called it KSW. D2

17. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

I did my black belt prep training and testing under master Gause. He's a awesome source of history and knowledge as you say. I was glad he was finally promoted to KJN, it seemed he was being held back for no reason.

18. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Yes indeed D2, but I still have my first Yellow Belt certificate in Ji Do Kwan, and that was actually signed by Master Kim.

19. Dragon2

Dragon2 Valued Member

I have my rank card that show where Master Kim signed off on it with instructor peter konstants at the yellow belt level and up. I can't seem to find my certificates. probably left in UK. or was never given to me. do you think that if i got hold of Master Peter Lee he might have my copies or maybe Master kim's brother. D2

20. elliotmurphy

elliotmurphy Valued Member

Hi everybody, i am Elliott from Arkansas. Since this seems to the thread to introduce myself in,,I am soon to be jkn...dbn for another ten months or so..been reading lots if good stuff here.