KSW:low spin kick

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by doors, May 4, 2005.

1. doors

doors Valued Member

I was going to ask in general but I might as well try here first so i dont have to explain the kick. Anyway, I'm having trouble doing a good low spin kick I dont have much room in my house to practice but I was wondering if there was any drills or muscle building excersices that would help me do it correctly. whenever I do it the leg that isnt kicking's knee drops to the floor and I know thats not right. Mabey I just need to go somewhere and practice practice practice, but help would be appreciated. thanks.

2. Legless_Marine

Legless_Marine Banned Banned

3. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

The most important muscles in this kick are your hip flexors. Doing any exercise that strengthens these will help. Try doing side leg lifts. Another good one is to just go into a low spin kick position, and once you're half way around stop and hold your leg in its extended position. Hold this as long as you can stand. Then repeat. Good technique means making sure your hips are stacked and perpendicular to the ground, not parallel to it. This lets you engage your glut to help add power to the kick. Hope that helps.

4. doors

doors Valued Member

thanks alot