KSW Black Belt Licence Agreement

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Unknown Entity, Mar 28, 2006.

1. KSW88

KSW88 Valued Member

Why do you laugh at Rudy Timmerman's name?

2. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

Laughing at "GM"- Grand Master. It just doesn't seem to fit.
    Anybody who whines that much deserves to be up with the"cheese heads".

3. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

Personally I've never really liked the term "grand master", national teacher is by far a better name. Proboly bc one requires decades of hard work and the other is associated with "Fu ling yu TKD/HKD/ whatever you want to put in here is ok".Or my personal favorite "Bull **** ban" Now I'm not saying that these other MA are inferior to KS, in fact if ppl train in them correctly(and not hop around and get 15 different BB's), they can and are very good MA's. It saddens me to think of all the ppl who have been swindled by self proclaimed GM's, and now have a negative outlook on MA's.

4. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

Have you ever seen him or seen him demo?

5. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

Well your wrong the liscense agreement clearly states that WKSA BB's are not allowed to train in any other MA. the problem is that none of the BB are even aware of it .

6. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

Ok, well then I'm wrong.

7. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

Nope, we just had too many threads discussing this. So instead of locking this one, like I did the last one, I merged it with the first one.

8. KoreanWarrior

KoreanWarrior Valued Member

Rudy Timmerman

Rudy Timmerman poor guy.
    Saw him at a seminar, but he didnt suit up, because he has a bad back you know.
    I saw him that night at the hotel's night club. He was dancing his feet off!
    oops! caught you!

He was too embarassed to get on the floor with real martial artist I guess?

I think if you read his websites you see two things that stand out as he himself feeling inferior.

1. He needs to list all these titles and awards.
    2. He has to boast that his testing they had to break many boards.

I dont know about others but breaking boards is the fun part of the test!

9. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

I'm a little confused as to what you're saying here. Could you clarify it a bit?

10. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

sure.... through cross training, a wave of skills would start to swirl within wksa that would render the aforementioned less needed.

For instance, if there were a half dozen people ( 30 year old, 2nd and 3rd dans lets say) who were in ksw that were excellent, i mean really excellent, at sword sparring based on experience and training from kum do, then everyone would seek them out as the "experts" in that aspect of skill,,,,,,,instead of the higher ranking masters. not exactly a face saving scenario, wouldn't you agree?

11. Shae

Shae Valued Member

I was told that I could not participate in a another style as a black belt. I must enter that new stle as a white belt and learn it up just like everyone else, kata's etc...when I made black belt in new stlye I had earned it. It was not token.

12. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

The question posed here isn't whether or not you start as a blackbelt when you enter a new style. It's whether or not you're allowed to start a new style at all one you have your blackbelt in KSW.

13. buddafinger

buddafinger Valued Member

What if you already have a blackbelt before you start kuksool or if you gain a blackbelt in another art while you are at Dahn Bohn nim level?

14. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

I did

15. ember

ember Valued Member

Having a black belt before you begin isn't an issue, we've talked about that in another thread on previous experience. As for continuing to train in the other art after beginning KSW... I've only heard rumors.

16. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

Just ignore the troll, Wolf.

17. RaccoonWrangler

RaccoonWrangler Valued Member

I personally don't see how anyone would have time to get two black belts, so it's not a concern for me...

I suppose if you did nothing else but MA, you might be able to do it, but personally, I have a life outside of martial arts. Job, home, and family simply wouldn't allow me to take on any more martial arts training.

I guess that means I'm not that committed; but if I were trying for two black belts I probably would be committed - to an institution... :D

18. natkungfu

natkungfu Valued Member

Sounds like a Mcdojo to me.
    RUN AWAY!!!!

19. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

Silence fool. If you don't have anything valuable to say then keep quiet.
    :p

20. buddafinger

buddafinger Valued Member

offensive it may sound but natkungfu is entitled to his own opinion. This sort of agreement is specific to Kuk Sool and seems alien to other Martial Artists. Especially as most M.A.'s are now mixing styles in order to acheive the best results.
    Over the past thirty years traditional martial arts have been shown to be weaker than those open to change.
    However his wording was rather abrupt.