Krav Maga

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Epitome, Dec 2, 2011.

1. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

its strange ,, but whenever i meet a sport martial artist, they can defend themselves really well. For example my friend paul, did 3 years in Judo , never did anything else, got in a fight in a pub defending the girlfriend of a friend, punched one guy out, kicked another and through the guy who grabbed him off him like he wasnt even holding on.

Its good to learn some SD stuff, but all thats meant to temper yyour REGULAR training, its basic stuff that the dojo, sport crowd guys are not used to, teaches you stuff like making sure you have an escape route, how to tell if more than one guy is gonna get involved. but most importantly to leave your MA, bruce lee fantasy's at home when defending yourself. you can do loads of stuff in a fight its true, punching, kicking, locks , grappling etc. I have seen all these first hand, but for the love of god dont try the jumping spin kick, the bounce off the wall kick, the chuck norris slow roundhouse kick etc.

A good SD class will be like this in my honest opinion. useless without a base in a proper art like boxing, kickboxing, judo, wrestling, karate etc. something to get you in shape as well.

2. Teflon

Teflon Valued Member

I hope you are the only one who reads it that way, as I don't say anything about learning basic techniques, or basic techniques at all. Read the quote carefully please - "kicking a guy in the balls ASAP should just be common sense". Does this encompass all basic techniques? No. Does it comment on kicking technique, or learning to kick? No. It comments on a previous post, that sport-based systems are not good for self defense because they are rules bound. Once you learn to kick in a sports-based system, do you need to practice targetting the crotch specifically to do it in a self-defense situation? No. That is the point I'm trying to make. People should already know it's effective to target that area. That's what the quote says. The example at the end of the quote illustrates it.

A person needs no training to kick you in the nads and hurt you. Certainly I'm not going to take a kick there from an untrained person because they haven't been taught to kick properly. It's still going to hurt either way, and they're still going to know it's effective either way. I understand there can be misunderstandings if something is not read properly, or not written properly, and so on. I'm not having a go or anything, and I'm perfectly willing to be told I'm wrong if it can be backed up - after all, I'd rather learn something new myself also, but in this case I still stick with my original statement.

3. Epitome

Epitome Banned Banned

Janno I checked out the website and i have realised who you are

you are andrew jansen.

Will you teach me Rapid arnis?

I apologise for any misunderstandings

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  4. Janno

Janno Valued Member

Apology accepted, but bear in mind that so far you've failed to answer any of the questions i've pitched to you. Everyone who attends my classes is welcome to come and learn. However, i like to know who i'm teaching. Please answer my earlier questions, and we'll move forward from there.

5. Janno

Janno Valued Member

Please note that the OP (Epitome) has recently confessed to fabricating his entire martial arts background and training regime. In addition, he has also added that his only knowledge comes from Youtube videos:-

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1074563128#post1074563128

I am a teacher, and so i am rather glad that the OP has learnt an important lesson about fibbing (and it was free!). I don't want any Walts in my class though. No misunderstandings there.

6. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

There is not one person on here who should be surprised by this, it's what we've been saying since he started posting. He didn't need to confess, it was blatantly obvious. :p

7. APC

APC Valued Member

Awesome trolling in this thread. 10 pages of evading a single question, and yet people still respond!!

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Awesome necro as he was banned after this and everyone moved on