Krav Maga 'Tour Of Israel' or Instructor Courses?

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by progdan, May 5, 2009.

1. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Hey, just wondering if anyone on here has attended the Krav Maga 'Tour Of Israel' trip to visit the IKMF headquarters in Israel and train under Eyal Yanilov and the rest of they crew? http://www.krav-maga.com/training_in_israel.html
    What did you think of it, a good experience? I'm considering maybe going next year or the year after...

Also, has anyone done the IKMF Instructor's course? (Well of course any instructors on here would've). Care to share your experiences? I reckon once I've got through the Practitioner levels I'd like to do it, even if I don't take up instructing, you get to do some of the Military/Law Enforcement/Close Protection syllabus which isn't included in the normal Civillian syllabus. What was it like?

Cheers. :)

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. URBAN_ONI

URBAN_ONI Valued Member

No posts devo, its a shame there aint much attention towards krav, you should totally hit up the Tour of Israel though it looks sick:).

ONI

3. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Yeah, I reckon it'd be an incredible learning experience!

4. Sandy

Sandy Valued Member

Hi progdan,

Yeah, I've been over to Israel to IKMF HQ for Touring & Training. It's utterly brilliant. Whatever your background and experience, I can't recommend T&T enough. I went with a solid background in martial arts and Krav, but some mates came along who had never done any Krav or martial arts before! We all had a brilliant time. The Israeli instructors are fantastic, tailoring the training according to your level. Somehow the week manages to combine a great holiday with awesome training.

Touring & Training is a really special week. You get to do training that's rarely taught elsewhere. E.g. training in weapons defense whilst sat inside a car. There are ample opportunities to do firearms training at a shooting range and evasive driving too, if you like these sorts of thing. All taught seriously, but with a sense of fun so you enjoy yourself.

You can't train without a break, so the training is nicely balanced with tourism, which gives you the chance to relax and see what is a fascinating country.

If you're considering going onto instructor training, then Touring & Training would give you a huge head start. Quite aside from all the training, the chief instructors will give you a personal plan of how to prepare for the instructor course, based on what they've observed. This is a huge advantage for you.

However, Touring & Training is good fun for newcomers too. All my non-martials-arts mates enjoyed it and most went on to join a Krav class back home.

The only thing you should be aware of is the Israeli instructors never seemed to take payment except in cash (Euros or dollars). I've been over twice now and each time they insist on payment in cash when you get there. Don't let this sort of Israeli (dis)organisation put you off. The instructors are top notch. I think all Israelis like to organise things at the last minute, but the week runs very well when you get there.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  5. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Sounds great man, thanks for sharing! :D

I think my instructor organises a group if enough want to go, so I'll definately look into it. I think my only concern was that I wouldn't get as much out of it as a newer student, but it sounds like they work with that. Might wait til next years though I reckon, but sounds awesome!

6. Sandy

Sandy Valued Member

Touring & Training: utterly brilliant!

Yeah, it is great!

First time I went, I was just starting out and hadn't even done P1. Participants included everyone from complete novices to some G1/2 instructors and a 7th degree (!) black belt in TKD. Everyone was very well catered for and enjoyed themselves.

T&T had grown in popularity last time I went. So they split everyone up into instructors (G1-5) and less experienced practitioners. Lots of people chose to grade at the end of the week, including several people like you going from P1 to P2. Pretty cool to do a Krav grading in Israel, eh?

7. radman

radman New Member

Yeah, I've been looking at that lately too and would love to do it sometime in the future.