krav maga in the midlands?

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by jamie1976, Oct 1, 2007.

1. jamie1976

jamie1976 Valued Member

is the anywhere in or around coventry that teach krav maga or somthing very close/similar?
    jamie :woo:

2. kal

kal Valued Member

stevie b's gym in acocks green brum have bone fide class on tuesdays, dont know if this is too far for you?

3. anthonyuk

anthonyuk New Member

These folks run classes in Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Redditch near Birmingham.

I haven't used them myself. http://www.krav.co.uk/

There's also a Kapap organisation near Worcester if your nearer that way.

Seems to me that the Midlands is light on KM classes just as a general impression.

4. jamie1976

jamie1976 Valued Member

cheers guys!

thanx guys i live in coventry at the moment like so i might look into travleing to one of the classes coz im pretty much in the middle of them all see whats happening in the new year. thanx for the info!
    jamie :woo:

5. kal

kal Valued Member

steve maycock has several classes on in brum, i trained there a while ago but work comitments meant i had to give it up, steve is a great guy, very laid back but knows his stuff, check out http://www.kravmagabham.co.uk/ for more info

6. Zach2k

Zach2k Valued Member

Hi Kal,

How did you find the training at Steve Maycock's place? You say he is very laid back, is the training very intense though?

thanks

7. Dikzzz

Dikzzz Valued Member

Hi

Another great alternative is this guy.

The instructor, Graham Stoneman, is one of the single most inventive, nice and experienced instructors I've ever known.

The stuff he teaches is VERY functional and effective. I always judge systems and instructors on the quality of the students and Graham's students are top notch.

You won't be disapointed by popping over there to see him.

http://www.solihullselfdefence.co.uk/

Dik

8. Sandy

Sandy Valued Member

Hi Jamie,

You're in luck if you're around Coventry. This is where Geoff Thomson's senior-most instructors (Matty Evans and Tony Somers) are based:
    www.mattyevans.co.uk/instruction.html
    www.tonysomers.com

I'm a big fan of Krav Maga, having been over to Israel to train, but even I have to admit that you'd be better off training under these guys. Matty and Tony are world class instructors.

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  9. kravsystems

kravsystems New Member

Hi Guys. We have just set up the first Krav Maga class in Coventry. Please see our website: www.krav.co.uk for timings, locations etc. Please email me if you have any questions: steve@krav.co.uk I hope to see some of you at our training soon!

10. worthingsaxovtr

worthingsaxovtr Valued Member

11. BeSafe

BeSafe New Member

Hi Guys.

Advert removed.

BeSafe, welcome to MAP. Your link was removed because it was thought to be an advert. Why not post in the introduction section and tell us about yourself?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012