Kotô Ryû trailer with Kacem Zoughari

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Big Will, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

Just a heads up for y'all, a new trailer with Kacem is up on youtube, this time doing Kotô Ryû Koppôjutsu and of course the famed Gyokko Ryû Tôjutsu.

Hope some of you will like it! :cool:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsZgub-zA8A"]Dr. Kacem Zougjari - Kotô Ryû Koppôjutsu & Gyokko Ryû Tôjutsu - Trailer[/ame]

2. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Dr Zoughari's taijutsu always looks amazing.

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Great video! Solid high level taijutsu.

If I may ask, did you ever clarify with Mr Zoughari about the 'Gyokko Ryû' Tôjutsu question?

Again thanks for your time.

4. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

Thanks! :hat:

Which question was that?

5. newblack

newblack エピクフェイル

I know that this is going to upset a few, but what do people think about his balance/momentum at 47 and 52 seconds? It seems to me that he is going to be overrun against a committed attack because he is leaning too far back...

6. Sandstorm

Sandstorm Valued Member

honestly, I don't mean to be a jerk and apologies in advance but I'me not really that impressed and could say there are several of dan rank in the Jinenkan and Genbukan with just as good if not better....ahem just an opinion, not to ruffle any feathers though not saying its bad.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  7. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

No reason for anyone to get upset I think :)

Kacem is human as well so he makes mistakes too... in this case though I do not quite follow you. At 47 seconds, do you mean against the strike and grab? To me he doesn't seem to be leaning too far back (but he shifts his weight to the back leg while receiving the attack) or lacking balance/momentum.

And at 52 seconds he seems to be in good balance and momentum as well (nor neither leaning back or shifting his weight back), so I am not quite following you...

8. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

First of all Kacem is neither in the Jinenkan nor Genbukan, but second and more importantly the video wasn't made to measure his or anyone else's skill - which can only be done with first hand experience anyway. :)

9. newblack

newblack エピクフェイル

It's where his centre of gravity is. It seems to be that his centre of gravity is going backwards, then changes to go back in, but the opportunity to change is only because the attack isn't being followed up.

He's still better than me, though. Just wondering what others think...

10. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

[​IMG]

I don't train with Kacem because I can't benefit from his way of demonstrating things. But no one can say that I don't offer him my moral support in situations like these. :hat:

11. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Thats one of the key concepts in taijutsu, the ability to change direction decisively, it looks like his head position is well inside the back knee too. If its the move I think your refering too your hitting on the half beat before they can carry on moving so the key is in the appropriate timing.

12. newblack

newblack エピクフェイル

Fair call!

It's hard to know exactly what is going on in the photo of Takamatsu sensei, though. The centre of gravity thing is often in relation to the opponent. I can see in that photo that Takamatsu sensei could be moving forward, but it's hard to judge the angles from here.

13. Sandstorm

Sandstorm Valued Member

LOL well duh, but I don't seem to see you commenting on the accolades received in like manner of said taijutsu skills.

14. Manga

Manga Moved On

He's not the Messiah (He's a very naughty boy? :p j/k)

There's nothing on these videos that I've not seen other instructors demonstrate over the years. The only reason that people are clamouring round him (the so-called K Club) is because they think he has some special knowledge and special ability. There are plenty of people out there with equivalent (indeed better) skill and knowledge. And no, I'm not going to start naming names in a game of "my teacher has a bigger weewee than your teacher" :hat:

Also, no offence Big Will but the editing and flashy epilepsy-inducing wipes makes it difficult to endure them anyway. Less is more :cool:

15. Sandstorm

Sandstorm Valued Member

LOL, what is the K club Manga? In regards to the "special knowledge" I have no idea, I have never met the man, however I did ask 2 seperate Menkyo Kaidens in Gyokko ryu about "Gyokko ryu Tojutsu" and one told me he didn't know about it and the other said whoever said that is a liar, now they may be right or just not privy to this particular teaching and it does exist, which I find highly unlikely or on the other hand it is a modern reconstruct which would seem reasonable to assume in the form of old densho or makimono, as their seems to be description of kata on other websites or it may even be like the misrepresented "Gyokko ryu bojutsu" of the 90s I honestly don't know.

16. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

He HAS! And this is coming from someone who doesn't even like to train with the guy!

Nice cop-out by the way.

17. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

First time I was in Japan I asked Nagato if the incident with Alex Mordine happened the way I'd been hearing it. The only answer I got out of him was "that was a long time ago".

Gyokko ryu Bojutsu feels more like 2005 to me.

18. Manga

Manga Moved On

Sandstorm said - "LOL, what is the K club Manga?"

It's just the unofficial name that the Kacem fanboys are starting to become known as.

Kagete said - "Nice cop-out by the way."

Umm, thanks? Sorry you couldn't see it as not wanting to drag instructors' names into a debate that I am really sure they wouldn't want to be part of.

19. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

All right then, send me a PM if you would, please.

20. Manga

Manga Moved On

No.

If that isn't acceptable, please ignore my comments as being clutter :hat: