Korean Martial Arts SUPER SEMINAR...2010

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Ki_Power, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Ki_Power

Ki_Power Banned Banned

***I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH THE NKMAA...and I do NOT get anything out of promoting such an event...I am simply spreading the word.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the weekend August 13-15, 2010, GM Rudy W. Timmerman will be hosting a pretty big Korean Martial Arts Seminar.

I haven seen it mentioned in a thread here and there, but just to get the word out...as it would be nice to put a face to the screen name. Plus, you have to admit, this is going to be an awesome event!

Here is the link for the Info:

http://www.nkmaa.ca/nkmaa/2010%20Event/2010GrandMasters.html

Now, it seems there is a little fear from some members (either student or instructor) of the WKSA...a little fear of attending an "event" that is not hosted by the WKSA. The fear of being kicked out of the association?

If it were me, and I was still in the WKSA...I would still be there and would wear my full uniform, without fear of reprisal. But, that's me...

After all...reading the quote on the WKSA's advertisement basically give's me that latitude...to Integrate...

[​IMG]

A list of those who are or would like to attend would be a nice thing to see...

Some debate on whether WKSA personnel should be allowed to attend or not would be interesting...

***Also, please note...I do not bad talk any organization...I am just a free man living in a free country, so, for those of you who are about to give me an internet slap for "talking bad about the WKSA", stop right there...because I am not. I love you all! :hat:

2. ANG LANCASTER

ANG LANCASTER Valued Member

I am hoping to attend :)

3. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

DITTO!

4. Out-to-Lunch

Out-to-Lunch Valued Member

I'm already signed up. See you there!

5. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

I too am "signed up" and looking forward to some of Masters Sims/White's seminar fun!
    It would be nice to think that members of ALL KMA orgs would feel able to attend what will be a great event for anyone involved in the KMA.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  6. kswking

kswking Valued Member

i would be interested to know the WKSA stand point on registered school owners/students attending this seminar

7. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

WKSA is very clear in that no WKSA black belt can attend classes or seminars of different MA organizations. :(

8. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

So what is it that they are afraid of? Also, where do they draw the line? Is Tai Chi ok? What about Combat sports (as against martial arts), like Judo, or Kickboxing, etc?

9. kswking

kswking Valued Member

thanks obewan, obviously i need to buy myself a plain uniform and fake moustache/glasses combination

10. unknown-KJN

ROFL

Now that's funny!

What about paintball?

11. Ki_Power

Ki_Power Banned Banned

I'm curious...because it has been so long since I joined the WKSA...do you actually sign a contract that stipulates you (the BB in question) agree to follow such a rule?

12. Herbo

Herbo Valued Member

that sounds like an awesome line-up, shame its on the other side of the pond

13. unknown-KJN

Hi, Liam. It's been stated before but I know not everyone bothers to read all the various threads, so here's your answer:

There is nothing to inform anyone receiving a BB in KSW that such stipulations exist. Basically, it's left up to school owners to do this (it's part of the Quality Assurance Program [QAP] which is incorporated into their license), and I suspect that many do not bother to inform their BB students (they probably only skim the license agreement anyway, and there are only one or two paragraphs in the QAP concerning this nonsense).

IIRC, attending non-approved functions won't get you expelled from the Won, but rather it takes you off the "good-standing" list and puts you on probationary status. I don't recall if the franchise has upped the severity of the punishment for such a transgression, but I think if any BB in KSW wanted to attend the event in Canada next summer, they could do so and even inform WKSA HQ as to their intent, with few repercussions. :dunno:

14. Ki_Power

Ki_Power Banned Banned

Of course it is probably just the rebel in me, but if I was still part of the Won, I would go...with no fear...to learn from some of the best masters out there! I mean, the Imperial Senate can't tell you - you can't eat at P.F. Chang's, only Buga Korean BBQ!

15. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Abso-****ing-lutely Liam!

16. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

And Why does MAP have an issue with the word F E C K ???

17. Demdike

Demdike Banned Banned

I thought F E C K and A R S E were ritual challenges in the Irish martial art of Bataireacht

F E C K is also what you might say if you were hit on the head with a Shillelagh during a Bataireacht bout. In that sense it means something like "jolly good hit, I bet you can't do that again old chap"
    Or at least thats what it says in my tourist guide to Craggy Island

More on Na Healaíonaí an Chogaidh Éireannach (Irish Martial Arts) at
    http://johnwhurley.com/hurleyframeset-2.html

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  18. Ki_Power

Ki_Power Banned Banned

Holy S H I T E! I think you are right!

19. dbt4581

dbt4581 Valued Member

LMAO!!!!! :hail:

20. dbt4581

dbt4581 Valued Member