[Korea] Teaching english in south korea

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Exether, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Exether

Exether Valued Member

anyone know of any places I can get a job teaching english in south korea? No degree. Im debating going for my tesol certification this year or just trying to wing it. While I'm there I wanted to study martial arts preferably TKD since that's where it spawned.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  2. klaasb

klaasb ....

No papers? No job. (well, not a legal one)
    If you have your tesol, contact me and I can get you in touch with someone who can offer you a job.
    You also might want to checkout eslcafe.com

3. Exether

Exether Valued Member

im going for my tesol in the next few weeks.

4. Baichi

Baichi Valued Member

You'll still need a degree most places.

5. WalkingThePath

WalkingThePath www.gplus.to/jayboyle

You'll find it quite difficult to get a job without a degree I'm afraid - there may be people in country on here who could put you in touch with some folks though (klaasb being the first volunteer!!:)), but most official programmes won't accept you without a degree.

On a separate note - apologies for going :topic: - but I am off to London tomorrow to sort out my visa and flights and shall be hitting Seoul August 23rd!!:p Woo, and indeed, HOO!!!

6. Exether

Exether Valued Member

So a bachelors in anything will do then? I was going to start in spring semester at my local community college and run that through the summer and fall semester and end my associates at spring next year? Then off to say pennstate or temple for my bachelors. Sound like a plan that could get me a teaching job in south korea?

7. klaasb

klaasb ....

Yes it does.
    Studying English would be a great plus!

8. Alain

Alain New Member

You will find in most places (Korea, Japan, etc.) you need at least a Bachelor degree to get a job and the correct visa to teach legally. There are people who go over and teach on tourist visas and then leave and come back to start the visa again, but I would not recommend that. Get a Bachelor degree in anything and you will then be able to legally get a teaching job.

Yours in Training,
    Alain

Who has lived, taught, and trained in both Japan and Korea....