[Korea] Self Taught Korean

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Coges, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Studude67

Studude67 The hungry fighter

Your right that when you add 봤다 to a verb it means to have done something but it means it in the sense that you have tried it. For example, 저는 김치 먹어봤어요 means i have tried Kimchi. And in your case you could say 저는 하와이에 가봤어요 meaning i have visited Hawaii. But what you were probably looking to say after arriving back here was.. 하와이에 돌아왔어요 ( i went and came back) or 하와이에 갔다 왔어요.

나도 언젠가 하와이에 가야겠다 yeah your right it means one of thesedays i shall have to go to Hawaii too~ when you add ㄴ가 it means definately but you not sure exactly what/where/who etc.

언젠가 definatley sometime
    어디선가 definately somewhere
    어디엔가 definately someplace
    누군가 definately someone
    뭔가 definatley something

for example 누군가 우리 집에 왔어요 = somebody definately came to our house

your right about -야 되다 -야 하다 being have to and should do, i think your right and there should be a space there, i just get lazy sometimes and forget, i often miss out spaces etc because im so used to typing on messenger or texting its a bad habit really.

겠다 means "will" for example 내일 공항에 가겠어요 i will go to the airport. when used like 야 겠다 means like "i will have to" or " i will have to try" for example:

먹어야 겠다 , 가야겠다, 봐야겠다 it is used when talking to your self thats why it just ends in 다 its like your saying to yourself, like when i said 언젠가 하와이에 가야겠다 i mean like i should definately go there sometime.

겠다 can also be used almost as a guess, like when you are about to eat sth delicious you can say 맛있겠어요 ( i guess its delicious/ it has to be delicious) or 재밌겠어요 (i guess it will be fun!)

네 맞아요 학교 끝난 후에 꼭 어디선가 가야죠~