[Korea] Good Korean Cuisine

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by HapkidoScott, Jun 27, 2005.

1. HapkidoScott

HapkidoScott Valued Member

What would be a good Korean dish to bring to a potluck for after a seminar?

2. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

if u got a little gas stove, u can bring some korean bbq :cool: , serving kalbi, bulgoki & other meats for carnivores like me :D . side dishes of kimchi are always good, cause u can never go wrong with kimchi in a korean meal. also that ja jang myun stuff's amazing, would be good too.
    are you korean by the way? or am i confusing you with these food names? :D

3. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

You confused the hell out of me :D

4. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

:D hey, he asked for opinions on korean food :D i happen 2 know alot of korean people and eat korean food. just giving ideas. hopefully he knows what i'm talking about :eek:

5. HapkidoScott

HapkidoScott Valued Member

I am just an average white guy. I was in the military and got to try many different types of cuisine unfortunately Korean was not one of them. I grew up around Fort Lewis, WA and there is a large population of both Vietnamese and Korean peoples and I am familiar with Kimchi and some other foods. Never heard of Ja Jang Myun though? I too am of a carnivorous nature.

6. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

ja jang myun's a type of korean noodle. it's actually koreans trying 2 make chinese noodles, but they use korean spices, so it's basically korean food. it's delicious though :)

7. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo