[Korea] Getting started

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by ember, Apr 13, 2007.

1. ember

ember Valued Member

Well, since nobody else has posted anything on here yet, I guess I'll post a few websites that have helped me out. I'd consider myself a raw beginner on the Korean language though.

For the alphabet:
    http://www.omniglot.com/writing/korean.htm

For the language:
    http://langintro.com/kintro/

I'm sure there's lots more, but these are sites I've used.

2. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

TeenKorean, It's what I'm using at the moment to learn Korean.
    However due to study I kind of been slacking off a bit.

TeenKorean

3. Mevans

Mevans Valued Member

4. Zentenk

Zentenk Valued Member

I have taken a crash course Korean Language class with the ROKAF while I'm here in the desert. I should go to Korea if I want to become fluent but I don't want to go there while I'm in the military.

Couple good sites - www.learnkorean.com and www.learn-korean.net and when you get better you can go to www.naver.com

5. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

I would like to learn Korean

6. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

Its hard for me to learn with out a teacher, so the internet stuff is not an option for me. What Ive suggested to many people is to find a korean church or an asian studies org. in your town, in the US it might be easier than other parts of the world, and most of them teach the kids. what I would do is join the elementary class there, they usually hold them on the weekends.

7. Zuarko

Zuarko Valued Member

Have you seen Declan's software ? Their HakGyo (for grammar) and the ReadWrit (for the Hangul) seem pretty good for those who are beggining. That are the basics, maybe you like it, Cosmo Kramer :)

And if you like the flashcard method, they have tons of word files to learn, sorted by topic and the frequency of use.