Korbys fight.

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by NaughtyKnight, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, we'll agree to disagree.

Goodbye thread.

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I've no problem with the thread staying open, so long as you pair stop taking cracks at each other. Now kiss and make up and get on with the discussion. :love:

3. *mwah" :love:

4. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Ok, I've decided to speak up on this. :)

Now of course there was the thread where I talked about my first Basement Boxing match. (wasen't real Boxing, just fighting)

Now me and my friend both gloved up. (but we used heavy bag gloves, not real Boxing gloves, he had a pair, so did I), we also used mouth guards.

Now we went different rounds and times. The set was 5 rounds of 5 minutes.

Now we fought, and I hit my friend so hard, that he couldn't continue. He lasted 1 round.

He left a bruise on me.

Now here's getting to the point.

Was it fun? - It was pretty fun, but that doesn't the fun stopped it from being dangerous. Look what happened. He got clocked so hard he couldn't fight, I got a bruise. Alot worse could have happened with all the adreneline that was going on, heck someone could have gotten physically knocked out.

Can't you just control your emotions? - I thought that's what was gonna happen. But I did get too much adreneline, and got a little angry, as well as him. I said don't worry buddy, let's just control ourselves and it will be fine. But of course it wasen't.

Are you gonna do it again? - Probably not. He got hurt, I got hurt, and he was mad at me for a day. He's not mad anymore, but as far as we know, we will not do it again.

We might spar one day with full sparring equipment, I'll use HKD, he'll use TKD, but that's awhile away, we both need more training, how to control emotions, and need full sparring equipment. Also it will be for training, not for fun.

So I did realize it was dangerous, and me and my friend wont do it again.

5. Hades

Hades the deskjob boxer

Hey KC... really no offense... but the way you are talking doesn't accur to me as grown up... but well...

6. I wondered how long before you did ;)

That basically sums it up. What would happen if he got knocked down, bashed his head on the floor and swallowed his tongue? Who there was qualified to deal with this situation?

Decide on a ruleset. If you decide to both just go "all out" with no rules, neither of you will learn anything. A better idea would probably be for you to have a TKD match with him and then him to have an HKD match with you at some other time. That would be quite fun.

Thank you, Korpy :)

7. That's because he already has grown up and has nothing to prove. We, however, still have to :rolleyes:

8. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

No problem Norm. :)

But knightcommander, listen to Norm and Ikken. I had a huge arguement with them, trying to defend my point, but after looking, I saw they were right. It was fun, but that still doesn't stop the fact that someone could seriously get hurt.

That's how hard I hit my friend, that he couldn't continue. He didn't think it was fun, I didn't too much either.

PS, Norm: Well we will have rules, but it will be my HKD and his TKD. I don't think we could have single matches, cause I don't know TKD, and him with HKD vise versa. But of course rules, safety, and safety equipment.

9. You said when you're both proficient. If you know your art to a decent level, and he knows his, you should have enough control to go light and have fun.

When you say you don't know TKD, you mean you don't know the rules. I would feel at a competent level to take part in a tkd match. Hell, I'd loose miserably, but I'm at a level where it wouldn't be dangerous for me.

What I wouldn't do now is go and have a filipino stick fight with my kung fu friend :)

10. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

lol yeah.

Well he'll know TKD rules, so he can tell me so we can have a safe, fun match. :)

11. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Having little sparring matches are fine, and are great fun. But I think the main thing was it was obvious that you'd lost control of the situation, you'd hit your friend hard enought to put him to the floor...

We all know how easy it is to lose control, which more than often leads to the situation escalating.

12. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

That's why it's dangerous.

13. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Well no offence, but what you think as grown up doesnt really phase me. I dont care what people on the internet say.

14. NaughtyKnight

Not what you said before. Dont just change your whole opinion because you got flammed.

Grow a pair and defend your opinion, dont change it COMPLETLEY because you got owned before.

15. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

No need to be mean.

16. NaughtyKnight

Whos being mean?

Nothing worse than having a cry and about something, and then completly changing your argument to conform with what everone else is saying.

Thats something the French would do. :woo:

17. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Whatever......

18. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Korpy king of the weeble wobbles.

19. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

No it's called admitting I was wrong, seeing they were right, and learning something, and changing my opinion. :rolleyes:

20. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Korpy,
    While it's evident that you need to get training... something... anything... knitting... flower arranging... whatever... heck even do martial arts... anything to tone down the amount of threads you generate that go nowhere. :D

Having a punch up in the garage with your friends is not as bad as everyone on this thread makes it out. more than dangerous is that it's pretty much a waste of time that teenagers indulge in... time better spent training...see my post in your original thread.

lol... sometimes I wonder why some of the people bother to train for martial arts... they should sign up for patty cake lessons or remember the word martial. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.