Kokusai Butoku Kenkyukai

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by paihequan, Mar 24, 2004.

1. paihequan

paihequan Valued Member

Hi All, I take this opportunity to invite you all to check out the Kokusai Butoku Kenkyukai Web Site and Association.

Who knows, we might have something of value to offer you? The web site is at:

http://www.kokusai.cjb.net

Best wishes,

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Looks like another recognition board. And it's posted by someone with a history of... somewhat dodgy claims. As typefied by this sort of site, the actual benefits of joining seem to be few and far between:

Does this offer anything like the usual membership package of a legitimate organisation, like INSURANCE? Wouldn't appear to be the case according to the member benefits.

Once again, I'm skeptical. I can provide links where this man has been shown to have at the very least highly exaggerated his own ability and admitted his mistakes. However, you apparently can't keep a good(?) thing down, so it's here again.

3. paihequan

paihequan Valued Member

Aegis,

Thank you for your post and comments and thank you for taking the time to look over the KBK site

Yes sir I have made mistakes in the past. Thankfully that is where those mistakes remain. I have atoned for my mistakes and moved forward. It is my hope others would do the same.

As for the KBK, it is an honest attempt by a group of martial artists to service martial arts not only in Australia but other areas as well.

We can offer insurance cover and can offer access to the National Coaching Accrediation scheme.

We are simply trying our best for our members.

With respect,

Last edited: Mar 24, 2004
  4. Aegis

Would be nice to believe, but given that a year or so back you were being all apologetic about how you'd bought ranks and not really done all that much serious training and now you're putting yourself forward as a 9th dan.... Just doesn't seem like a huge reform to me.

5. paihequan

paihequan Valued Member

Aegis,

I never purchased any grades but was given them as a gift from my former sensei on Okinawa whilst on Okinawa. Not that it matters as I'm not putting myself forward as any rank. I'm not the web master of the KBK site and I have asked that all reference to rank be removed.

Respectfully,

Last edited: Mar 25, 2004
  6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Hey,

Does this mean that we are now allowed to advertise in these forums ?

(I've got an old car to sell) :rolleyes:

7. Aegis

ok, but that's not what you said in a communication to Patrick McCarthy is it? To refresh your memory:

(Taken from a post on another forum)

Less than a year ago you admitted that almost everything you had claimed was "outlandish" or "un-creditable". So seeing you with a 9th Dan (I refuse to believe you'd advertise a site with a bio of yourself on that you'd not looked at closely enough to realise you were "accidentally" represented as a 9th Dan) makes me think you might just still be going after the easy rank option.

I don't believe that anyone with your admitted history of rank inflation should draw attention to somewhere they claim ridiculously high rank, not unless they've actually put the decades of work into that system, which you haven't had time to do since you started training, let alone since you started training seriously, if you actually have done so.

As I said, I for one can't believe it, and I think that a fair few people will share my skepticism.

8. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

When I went to that site it tried to install some spyware garbage on my PC.

9. paihequan

paihequan Valued Member

The "9th Dan Hanshi" was awarded by the Hanshi-No-Iinkai and no money was exchanged. I was also given a 9th Duan by Sifu Gu-Ping Of Guangzhou China. I claim neither.

How good or bad someone is, who taught them, what association they came from, what certification they have is the concern of whoever is occupying the political chairs of the day, as long as they study with a good heart within, then they are all right. We should train together and share knowledge and not allow anyone to be isolated by others. After all, the compassionate power of our reflective mind is the base of honour in all our arts.

As stated, I'm not in charge of the site and have asked for all references to grade to be removed. The problem with you and many others is that you dwell on the past mistakes of others never affording people the chance of moving on and trying to make a new life for oneself. How can one move forward when others live in the past. Not terribly fair. Truly sad and negative.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2004
  10. Aegis

The reason things in the past keep coming back to haunt you is because what you teach people is a culmination of all your past training. If your past training is questionable, then people will rightfully be suspicious about your ability as an instructor and your general character.

Anyway, I think I've said about all that needed saying, so unless anything new arises I'm going to leave this where it lies for the moment.

11. paihequan

paihequan Valued Member

Sir,

My past ranks may be held in question but the training was and is a different matter and you have little idea of my current training and connections.

It's a political matter and I have little time for politics. I'll leave that to those better suited to that field as by their own actions let they be known.