Kokondo/jukido

Discussion in 'Karate' started by TRK, Jul 24, 2008.

1. TRK

TRK Valued Member

I have studied Aikido for most of my life, seriously for 4 years, then less frequently as I moved around for another 4 years and am a nikkyu in it. I currently study Seibukan jujutsu, a new style based on hakko ryu (I am testing for my shodan next month). I am moving to a new town (Pullman Washington) where I haven't found a way to study either of those arts. I am interested in cross-training in a striking art like Karate. There is a kyokushin dojo, which I am going to check out. There is also a Kokondo karate dojo, which sounds good, but I don't know anything about it. Is there anybody with experience in this art who can tell me about it? I am intrigued by the jukido aspect, which is a grappling art somehow connected to the school (they seem to be inextricably linked based on what I can find on the web).

I'd love to hear any reflections on these two arts. I fully intend to attend classes of both and see what I think of the teachers and advanced students, but am interested in feedback on the arts.

thanks,

Tim