Knuckle Dusters/Brass Knuckles

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Adam, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Adam

Adam New Member

Any thoughts on these streetfighting weapons? I know a few people around here who carry them because they like to pick fights and also know a bouncer who's got a collection of spiked and plain dusters, though they're illegal to carry here. Anybody got any experience in using knuckle dusters?

This is a knucle duster by the way, supposed to be worn on the hand to strenghten punches.

2. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

officer:wahts that (pointing to knuclkle duster on your belt)
    you: its my "belt buckle" officer

3. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

never used one however i think a set of keys can be a good subsitute and slightly more legal. Of course i would never reccomend going out with the intent of using them just if needs must

4. tang_sou_dao

tang_sou_dao YoU cAnT sEe Me!

knucle dusters = v.bad u should be dangerous enuff with just your knucles if your technique is correct, at least then, when you 'accidently' kill someone you can claim self defense. knucle dusters arent worth the risk and i will hope i neva come to a situation where i had to use a weapon of some sort to defend myself.

5. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

If caught, there is no explaining away your use of the knucks. The cops will assume (correctly) that you are the assailant, your opponent the victim.

They have zero purpose other than to inflict injury upon others.

6. jonestown9

jonestown9 New Member

Knuckle dusters are a VERY bad idea, yes, if you hit someone while wearing them they'll feel it -- often more then you'd like. Knuckle dusters greatly increase the chances of shattering bone, something that is excessive in most kinds of confrontations.
    If I were faced with a situation that justified hitting someone with a set of brassknuckles, then thats as serious enough situation to justify using a knife or baseball bat.

In addition, in Canada at least, the police frown very heavily on them. Were you to beat someone up while wearing brass knuckles (and the police could prove it) charges would likely increase in severity to at least aggravated assualt.

If you are looking for a way to hit harder, hold a lighter in your fist, carry around a roll of quarters for a fistload, or keep a pair of vale tudo gloves in your coat pocket, after all, brass knuckles would not be any quicker to deploy then any of the fore-mentioned ideas.

regards.

ps. you might have noticed from my post, but I REALLY don't like brassknuckles. ;-)

7. khafra

khafra New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2003
  8. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

That looks pretty much like a "lethal Force" weapon to me.

Not exactly easy to justify is it?

"It's a letter opener Officer" LOL

9. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

10. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

Cool glove's, scary key ring's

I thought a kubotan was chancing it :)