knowledge of zujitsu

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by Shihan, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Shihan

Shihan Valued Member

There's a style of ju-jitsu called Zujitsu-Ryu created by Grandmaster Chaka Zulu. I recently took a trial class, which was excellent, but I wanted some more infomation from anyone who has first hand experience training in this style of ju-jitsu. Where do you train at and with whom?

2. Keikai-Tsutsumi

Keikai-Tsutsumi New Member

Never heard of this style but wasn't Chaka the person who united the Zulu tribes of Africa and developed their fight bull style of warfare?

3. nickh

nickh Valued Member

Yes, he was. But he was murdered by his half-brother Dingane hundreds of years ago. So I'd be very suprised to hear if he was still alive and now teaching jujutsu :eek:

4. shax

shax Valued Member

wasnt chaka the one who sang that song 'aint nobody'?

5. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Isn't Zoo Zhitsu typically the way poeple write down the Gracie pronuncisation of Ju Jitsu?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  6. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Lieutenant John Chard: [the Zulus are chanting before their final charge] Do you think the Welsh can do better than that, Owen?
    Pte. Owen: Well, they've got a very good bass section, mind, but no top tenors, that's for sure.

7. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

zhoo zhitsoo/zhoo zhitsu. it's fun to say, too.

8. Shihan

Shihan Valued Member

Zujitsu-Ryu

www.zijitsu.com

Here's the site for you guys that think the question was a joke or for those who think I don't know who Shaka Zulu of the Zulu nation was. If anyone has any real knowledge of this style, please share.

Thanks

9. ninjaman111

ninjaman111 Valued Member

hahahahaha you gave a bad link, so i still think its a joke...

10. Shihan

Shihan Valued Member

You're absolutely right. I gave a bad link. It's www.zujitsu.com And it's not a joke.

11. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Not that I'm going to judge based solely off a website but it looks like its a pile of poo-poo to me.

World Head of Family Sokeship Council: A place which, if you pay them enough money, will formally recognise you as the head of the aincient are of bake bean fu.

Black belt mag: A rag that you pay to feature you, if you pay enough you get to go on the front cover! A shinning example of journalistic integrity.

"A former international competitor, he has been the recipient of numerous awards and trophies" Yet doesn't list any of them, curious.

"We are not interested in tournament fighting. Sparring is only sparring and we don't want to spar in the streets. Many police, court, correction and security officers and people who work with the criminally insane train with us, so we can't afford to play games with our students." So what do you teach them exactly? I'd love to know what vastly more effective teaching they used to get better results than sparring. Hopw exactly has the guy won so manhy international awards ABD gained a Dan grade in Judo without learnign how to spar or fight competitively?

12. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

dude. he's chaka zulu. stop questioning him!

13. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

That was Chaka Khan.

14. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

It doesn't really matter what his site says. If the training is good, train there. He's just selling his product, after all.

Make sure you've been to some other club so you have a comparison, though.

15. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

it could be worse, it could be run by chaka kahn(chaka khan chaka khan), the site looks rubbish but go along and see, most sensei arent computer wizards so id give it a blast and come back with what you see/smell/think and feel about the place.

hope it goes well :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Zu-jitsu..blimey that's bad.
    What next Jew-Jitsu run by Grandmaster Fagin (come to think of it that's really what they should have called Krav Maga)?
    New-Jitsu?
    Blue-Jitsu?
    Hugh Grant could start an art..."Hugh-Jitsu".

17. Shihan

Shihan Valued Member

Good advice. Thanks

18. Shihan

Shihan Valued Member

I'm incline to agree with you about instructors not being computer whiz. As I stated before I took a trial class and was very much impressed. I have a background in hapkido (1st dan) and learned a little Kumite-Ryu (Soke Lil John Davis)and Vee arnis ju-jitsu (Prof David James). Unfortunately, their schedules doesn't allow me to train with them. And in the NYC area, Master Zulu is highly respected. I wanted a little more info if anyone here trained or knew anyone that trained in that style of jujitsu.

19. streetology

streetology New Member

zujitsu is very real my instructor is from the family

20. Shihan

Shihan Valued Member

Osu brother,

Thanks for the response. I'm looking for a dojo in Manhattan or Bronx to train at. I met Sensei Buddah, but other obligations kept him from training me. And the dojo at the Y schedule conflicts with my hapkido schedule. Do you know another place where I could train. Thanks in advance.