Knockdown karate Newcastle?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by CauliflowerEar, Jun 7, 2015.

1. CauliflowerEar

CauliflowerEar New Member

Hi are there any knockdown karate styles in the Newcastle area which offer full contact sparring? Styles like;

Kyokushin
    Shidokan
    Daido juku
    Enshin
    Ashihara
    seidokankai
    Kansuiryu
    Shūkōkai
    Yoshukai

I think these are the types going off google I may be wrong don't hold me to it :) I also heard of a kyukoshin karate club in spennymoor but that's too far away are there any others? I'm interested in taking up 1 or 2 martial arts and got a few in mind that I'm considering and would like a full contact karate as one of them

Thanks in advance

2. Prizewriter

Prizewriter Moved on

3. CauliflowerEar

Cheers for you reply mate yeah that's the one I found but is 30 mile away from me and I would have to travel through Newcastle at rush hour it should be doable I will have to do a trial run see how it is but how's hoping for somewhere more convenient

4. Prizewriter

Prizewriter Moved on

No worries. Have you thought of Muay Thai? It will be easier to find.

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

There's no Enshin there that I'm aware of. Their branch head is in Loughborough and they have a guy in York who also does Shidokan up there, but nothing as far as Newcastle.

Didn't there used to be shukokai around there though?

Sorry not to be of more help :(

Mitch

6. CauliflowerEar

I used to do Muay Thai and boxing and I'm looking for a different approach this time even though I'm defo going to return to boxing at some point. I'm really injury prone and I spent more time injured than training with Thai boxing don't think my body was built for the kicks lol. I'm currently looking for 1-3 martial arts to submerse myself into where all 7 days are covered so I always have training on whichever day I'm home due to the nature of my job working away from days to weeks at a time.

7. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Might want to get that username changed if you plan on sticking around on MAP.

8. CauliflowerEar

How do I change it?