"Knock knock", who's there? It's your knee!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by The Decay of Meaning, Aug 8, 2005.

1. The Decay of Meaning

The Decay of Meaning Valued Member

Say if I stand with my toes pointing the opposite direction from each other. The right toes turn towards the right, and the left toes towards the left. If I raise my knee like you would if you are going to knee someone, it says, and I "quote":
    "knock-knock-knock", or "grrrrr"

Is this normal?

What is happening with my legs?

2. NewLearner

NewLearner Valued Member

You are standing with your toes pointed 180 degrees from each other? Isn't that putting a lot of stress on your knees?

3. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

:eek:

Why would you want to stand like that :bang:

4. The Decay of Meaning

:D

It also happen if I stand with one foot forward and the other one to the side... And I think that is not very unusual for me because I often feel my legs are a little sloppy. Could it be dangerous? :confused:

5. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

Thats a good thread title :)

I'll have my knee call your knee up so they can have a conversation sometime.

6. NewLearner

NewLearner Valued Member

I would have it checked by an ortopeadic surgeon. It could be serious.

7. The Decay of Meaning

Are you serious, or are you kidding with me now? Because I am serious... Should I go to the doctor?

8. NewLearner

NewLearner Valued Member

Postponing sometimes leads to worse problems. If it were me, I would call the doctor and make an appointment. I waited for 6 months while my knee got progressively worse. When I had knee surgery, it took almost 3 months to walk without crutches.

9. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

There are a ton of other corrective measures you could take though. Generally clicky joints aren't anything to worry about if you aren't in any pain. I would suggest some stretching routines for the legs, especially the hip flexors which tend to pull on the kneecaps and sometimes cause problems (I can vouch for that!). Check out the neanderthal no more series of articles on www.t-nation.com

10. NewLearner

NewLearner Valued Member

I am not sure if you are thinking that I am saying he needs surgery. I'm not. I just think he should have it examined. Better to catch a problem early than late. If if it nothing major, the doctor can tell him. It might be as simple as using some orthopeadic inserts in shoes or being told to take glucosamine or even just take a week or so to rest the joint.

11. The Decay of Meaning

Wait, you are suggesting stretching routines for the legs that can "sometimes" cause problems? :confused:

12. Trae

Trae Valued Member

"which" refers to the "hip flexors" that cause problems, not the stretching :)