Knife Throwing

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Matt 90, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Matt 90

Matt 90 New Member

Hi this is my first post i've been doing martial arts for 5 years now and I am intrested in knife throwing. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good book to learn knife throwing for martial arts and also some good knives to use?

2. NeilX66

NeilX66 Valued Member

3. shootodog

shootodog restless native

good place to start? it's a great place to start! make sure you subscribe so that you get 101 tips for great throws. great basics!

4. Matt 90

Matt 90 New Member

Thanks i've gone on www.throwzini.com and got the 101 knife throwing tips is really useful and I am thinking of getting some Cold Steel Pro Flight Throwing Knives.

5. NeilX66

NeilX66 Valued Member

Follow their basics and I'm sure you will be fine, just be prepared to do lots and lots of practise. One thing i would stress is getting a decent target, if you are using planks make sure that there are no nails etc that will cause erratic bounce back, and be careful of treated woods, they can sometimes be very hard and aren't really suitable.

Also I found something like a blanket hung up behind the target helps, if your indoors it stops any misses from hitting things they shouldn't, and if your outdoors it can save you lots of walking to pick up missed knives, we used a similar idea in archery when we used to shoot in a sports hall

Neil