Knife laws in Texas

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by B.A. Baracus, Aug 10, 2015.

1. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Good to hear! What style is this school you will be going to?

Look forward to hearing about your experiences there.:)

2. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Depends how many knives you've got! :p

I dunno, the ability to throw objects hard and accurately at people's faces can be a good distraction for either getting a head start in running away, or closing distance. I'd rather throw something that doesn't belong to me, or cost money though...

Throwing knives is lots of fun, but I prefer bolas! :)

3. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

:) set your doomsday clock.

4. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

How do you elect a communist...twice?

5. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

So when this doesn't happen, what then? Who are you going to blame?

6. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

The communists, cause they control the economy, you see.

7. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Obviously Donald Trump saved America.

8. Flatfish

Flatfish New Member

Obama will be blamed because he couldn't even see his own evil plan through ;-)

9. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

He's also going to change the national anthem to the theme song of 2004 smash hit Team America: World Police, bout time too.

10. Giovanni

i love how there's always the next crash, just around the corner. all those other crashes or martial law implementations, those never worked. but there's always a next one, rearin' to go.

just like you know some guy is going to predict another rapture coming up. forget all the other ones that have been wrong, this next guy will be sure.

11. Giovanni

-- Bob Dylan

12. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Throw your knife, your adversary will pick it up and jab you with your own knife

13. HairoNoSora

HairoNoSora Valued Member

Well, at least you'll not lose it there

14. David Harrison

That's the spirit.

Leave it in one guy's throat while you beat up another, so you know where it is to pick it up and butcher the third :D

15. B.A. Baracus

B.A. Baracus Valued Member

The school I am looking at does Judo and Jiu Jitsu. I haven't decided which one I want to do... maybe both?

I will most definitely let you guys know how it goes. I think I might start a training thread to keep track of what I do. and get some input on how I can improve.

16. B.A. Baracus

Not if its sticking out the back of his neck! :evil:

17. B.A. Baracus

I want you anti-knife throwers to watch this video and tell me if you would laugh at this guy throwing a knife at you. The "thorn" method is the method I practice. it is vastly superior to the traditional full spin methods.https://youtu.be/dyQckbd6Oao

18. aaradia

Throwing knives at a still target with accuracy is an impressive skill. But it shouldn't be compared to trying to hit a moving target.

If I recall correctly, to date - your MA experience is video's. So, you haven't sparred against a moving resisting target. It makes all the difference in the world. Be it hitting, grappling, or knife throwing.

You will see what people are saying here when you start your school and practice against resisting opponents. It is a whole different ball game.

19. aaradia

I started a training log here about six months ago. It is a very useful tool. I highly recommend it! :)

20. David Harrison

I'm not anti-knife throwing at all. I think it's great!

However, Ralph Thorn is wrong that the spinless throw is anything new, and he's also wrong that you can't spin at unknown ranges. Gill Hibben and circus performers need a specific range, or a factor of 2 of that range, but skilled throwers can spin to any range. Also, the spin increases range, it doesn't decrease it.

It was a fun video though :)