Knee Pain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Angelus, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

I was out of town this weekend and suddenly felt a sharp pain in my right knee while i was walking. It just seemed to be getting worse and on sunday i could barely bend my leg...i was basically limping and crawling up the stairs, my right leg felt like a log. I took some homeopathic medecine and its does feel much better today. Hope it goes away soon. Anyone know what might have caused it? Or is it something i should be concerned about? :confused:

I never injured my right leg before...
    ty

2. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

who knows what you did with your leg/knee and that might be the consequence. try to rest it for a few days and take it easy and then you'll see if it's better.

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

It'll be pretty hard for anyone to tell what's going on with your knee as your description isn't exactly informative.

If you are serious about making sure you knee stays in good health... then go to the doctor and have it checked... or get to a physio or perhaps an osteopath.

Homeopathic medicine is all fine and well - but you really need to find out what caused it and how serious it is.

Then again you can do like soooooo many people who post their injuries/problems and just ignore it and tough it out or hope it goes away.

Suit yourself - but that's how injuries become chronic.

4. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Word

5. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Random thoughts and I'm not a doctor.
    Is it inside your knee or muscles around it?
    Were you just walking, or had you done something else (eg. twisted it)?
    Inside knee probably means a operation.
    I've heard of a chip of bone getting caught inside the joint (ouch!).
    I would've thought a cartilage tear would not just happen without any specific action.
    As noted, see a professional.
    If you can afford it, do it privately.
    If you do need and op, go private or kiss goodbye to up to a year's training.
    I had a knee op on the nashnull elf and it probably took 6-9 months from diagnosis to op, and another 2-3 months to get back to training properly.
    If I'd gone private, I could've turned it around in a couple of weeks (and perhaps made a speedier recovery as my muscles wouldn't have deteriorated over so long a time).