kimbo strikes again

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Ikken Hisatsu, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

2. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

he aint go tbig legs has he , fist's of fury though :p

3. BigBoss

BigBoss This is me, seriously.

So what's this guys history? Is he just a bad ass mo fo who beats people down? I mean he looks quite good in terms of technique, he must train in boxing.

4. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

That was pretty damn savage, opened the guy up nicely. :eek:

5. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

a year or so ago a vid came out of this guy kimbo owning another big dude in a backyard boxing fight. the whole thing became something of an internet phenomenon, i dont know anyone who uses the internet much that hasnt heard of kimbo. he was then challenged by a MMA fighter Sean Gannon to a fight which was rather ugly and sloppy and had ill defined rules. Gannon "won" if you can call it that (his face was pretty mulched) and from the fame he got was offered a fight in the UFC which he lost quite badly.

6. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

OK I just google video'd that original fight, and theres a clip at the end of the supposed damage that was done. I'm not going to post a screenshot because tbh it is freaking disgusting and don't think it's suitable, but in short the guy's eye/eye socket appears to have been reduced to, well, I don't know quite how to describe it. Has it been edited or did that actually happen? :eek:

7. microhard

microhard Valued Member

So he punched a guy in the eye?
    I don't get it. Were they only supposed to punch? I premenitioning a leg kick or a take down, when they were that close.

8. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

Is Kimbo the big black guy with the beard who fought another big black guy in his back garden?

EDIT- Nevermind just watched the vid. Just watched the Kimbo vs Gannon fight as well, that was nasty, but Gannon was better.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  9. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

Well, Gannon had better stamina. Kimbo gassed badly.

10. BigBoss

BigBoss This is me, seriously.

Has anybody got the Kimbo vs Gannon fight???

11. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

12. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

13. drunken_master

drunken_master Valued Member

Was real happy about this fight, at first... long story short:

Expected Kimbo to take on an opponent that was atleast a match
    Weakest opponent of the three
    Inspired some people I know to beat the crap out of each other in their backyard :D
    Make another one, preferably more of the kimbo vs. gannon level...
    Love you Kimbo, you're in inspiration to bare knuckle boxers with no lives everywhere, keep it up (no sarcasm, despite how it sounds)

Its hard for me to say, but I'm not impressed. I'd love to see more, but we want to see you up against a challenge. I expect Kimbo to represent all the mean mo fos with no martial arts training and just how tough they can be, this fight didn't really represent that... just that big guys pwn small guys...

On the other hand, I wish I could get all my redneck buds with no martial arts training that think they're days away from competing in the UFC to take this guy on...

14. drunken_master

drunken_master Valued Member

Once again, I love the man and what he's doing, but boxing training... I can't argue it but I wouldn't support it...

To see the first fight, it looks like he's dodging punches with an inches gap like a true master, but watch the second and you'll see its basically that any big guy against a smaller guy has enough of an advantage to make it seem like that. He's real confident against smaller guys, like all street fighters are, it makes a huge difference. The way he acts towards gannon is totally different. He doesn't do any of the "hit me, come on hit me" stuff with gannon. Cause he knows he doesn't have the advantage anymore.

He'd whoop my butt, but I don't think he really has any technique, it just looks like it against a smaller opponent that he doesn't have to worry about.

Honestly I can pull spinning back kicks off of on an opponent that's less well trained, I'd never try that on someone that was really a threat to me, its straight fast non-telegraphing punches and kicks then. Its pretty much the same difference (IMHO). Big mean hard and tough, yes, but I haven't seen him do anything the average bum can't pull out on you.

15. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

Kmbo is a beast of a man.... i think u would have a hard time knokcing this guy over in a fist to fist fight .... then again he has no tech as u said lol ...im sure his father was a boxer ???/
    and im sure he has picked up sum sort of boxing routine .

one thing that ****ed me off bout the new vid is the other guy...he doesnt tie his hair back and as a result gets knoked into next week...

16. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

stylish.

17. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

I'd love to see a Kimbo vs Bob Sapp match.

18. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

i'd like to see bob sapp fight anyone bare knuckle, he'd break some people :D

19. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

To be honest, I think Bob Sapp would destroy him. Not that Kimbo isn't an awsome fighter, but I think Bob Sapp has more verstatile and better trained technique, plus Kimbo loses the size advantage.

20. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

Ah Kimbo is CRAZY!!! RFOL :D
    I he only underground? HE is very good though..