Killer Instinct

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by melb, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Because for me Tyson is a very good technically correct boxer. Many people said he was an animal, but I look past that and love his technique. And he won world titles using this technique. A technique used in every boxing gym on the planet.

Do you have a mobile phone? Most mobile phones have video cameras on them, that an simple software such as windows movie maker is more than enough. Check out the members workout thread for some great examples of members videos using this software.

You are joking. You have taken this thread from killer instinct, through kicking while in punching range and into vertical v horizontal fist.

Finally we have members from all arts all posting along the same line and pretty much in agreement with each other, with the exception of yourself. Are we realy all wrong?

2. melb

melb Banned Banned

ok, 1 point after another..number one, thanks for ignoring the bit about boxers of old. Number two, would you like me to prop my phone up against a tree and do a form? Did you miss the bit about not having seen my teacher in over a year? Number three, I have nothing against a thread changing direction what I dont like is someone posting a vid as their argument and saying look at this, this is my argument. As for your final point, where you claim to have members from all kinds of arts pretty much in agreement with each other, all I can say is you have a very optimistic way of looking at things..rose tinted glasses maybe? Take a look at fashion Simon and then have a think about the agreement that you think is so prevalent.

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I give up, I've tried. I will continue my training, as will others here. if they wish to continue it is up to them but I'm out.
    You are trolling your own thread. You are either sitting back in your chair laughing or really ignorant about how good you really are and I can't be bothered to find out any more.
    I have had dozens of guys like you come to training. You get a phone call saying they have done this, that and the other, are used to full contact sparring and have had to leave their old school because the sensei was not as good as them. When they turn up they cannot even put one foot in from of the other. This I suspect is you.

4. melb

melb Banned Banned

Tried what? To convert me to your way of thinking? Im neither laughing nor ignorant. Guys like me? What about guys like you that select what they want to answer about in a post while ignoring 3/4 of it? I come up with the argument that vertical punching is logical in that the elbow naturally stays in..you post a video of Mike Tyson and say "What are you on about, look at this", as if it answers everything. I bring up the old bare knuckle boxers and how they never used horizontal punches and you just ignore it. Ive always tried not to be judgemental in my posts. If I thought I needed to bow out gracefully I would do so. I have admitted Ive been wrong in the past. When someone always has to have others to back them up I wonder.." I will continue my training, as will others here".."we have members from all arts all posting along the same line"..When was the last time you admitted you were wrong? Anyway, goodbye.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  5. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Melb, I can't speak for the admins on this site.... but I don't think it'll be long before someone whacks you with the ban hammer for starting and continuing arguments needlessly. Either that or they really don't like thet Spice Girls.

6. icefield

icefield Valued Member

yep it takes a lot of practise to get good at close range fighting, and grapplers and thai guys and MMA guys practise for hours learning to deal with strikes, throws etc in the clinch, and to be honest when someone turns up with only bridging skills at that range and wanst to play: ie they have no expereince of dealing with throws, neck ties, under hooks, arm drags, body locks, how to use the hips and arms to defend takedowns etc, no expereince off having to deal with knees and punches being thrown from various tie ups its a lovely feeling...a bit like two people have come to a gun fight and only 1 remembered to load his gun :D

7. Master Betty

Aaaaaaaaaaand now we have "wing chun can beat MMA". Sigh. Really, what age are you melb? Have you ever even been in the same country as a real fight?

8. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I have to really thank melb. Despite being banned for a whole month, I was able to be thoroughly entertained by this thread and all the discussions that ensued.

9. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

I envy you Infra, must've taken you the best part of an hour to giggle your way through this thread!

10. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I guess so, heh.

On another note, I saw some of your videos. Forms look good.

11. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

Who, mine? If so, thanks! Appreciated.

12. hapkidoman

hapkidoman Valued Member

If you have been in the military and involved in life or death hand to hand combat (is there any other kind), you know what killer instinct is, or you would not be here to talk about it.

13. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Greetings hapkidoman. Which branch of the military did you serve in? Could you give us some information on your hand to hand combat experience?

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  14. Master Betty

lol shut up. interent hardman. bet you've killed folks in combat and other various crap. with your deadly hapkido.

15. hapkidoman

hapkidoman Valued Member

Wow!!! Betty apparently you consider someone that has been in combat serving their country some kind of joke. That's OK you can disrespect, and insult me at least I am one of the lucky ones that is still here to defend myself.

16. hapkidoman

hapkidoman Valued Member

Hi Mike it was the Army, with out getting into to much detail, our perimeter was breached, and we had to fight with only side arms until we ran out of ammo, and then with blades

17. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Going outside of the military context then yes there are different kinds of hand to hand "combat".

If we take combat now as a generic term for various forms of (non sportive) physical encounters/engagements, then you'll get altercations that are based more around various forms of social interaction rather than a desire to actually kill someone.

The physical violence is an outward expression of other "mechanisms" in action that may not be immediately apparent.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  18. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Out of interest which unit and conflict?

19. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Thanks for the info but you get a lot of posers on the internetz. So, not trying to be a harda$$ but a little more info would be appreciated. I know some people on some other forums who can validate this if you provide me with a little more info.

When did you serve, when and where did this take place and what unit were you with?

As for all H2H being to the death well that's just not true. If you get in a fight in a bar with some drunk you're going to kill him? I would hope not otherwise you are going to spend a lot of time in jail playing kissey face with people named Bubba.

Thanks

20. Master Betty

Fair enough I was blazing drunk when I posted that last night - if I was sober I'd still have had the same opinion but I'd have tried to articulate a little better I think.

As it is, I'm hungover, hungry and dehydrated, I've got training in a couple of hours and another 3 nights out to go on before I leave the country and I just cant be buggered sitting here and typing out big well thought out replies. As it is, I don't think I'm going to have to. You come across like a stereotypical internet hardman. How many guys are involved in the online side of martial arts and claim to have killed folks whilst in military service?

It's like the trump card that cannot be argued with because proof cant be given anyway. I feel very certain that if you'd killed people under active military service you wouldn't be on here bragging about it and trying to come across like a stone cold killer. Gods man you sound like steven seagal in EVERY SINGLE MOVIE he's ever made. Thats a bad thing.

And yes, I'm aware that you didnt explicitly say that you killed someone in combat but the things you have said are heavily implying it and you're clearly trying to give off that impression.

Just grow up man and stop posting crap on the internet because you were bullied as a kid.