Kids Teaching

Discussion in 'Karate' started by puma, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Kobudo-man

Kobudo-man Valued Member

I'm done with this Puma, I'm just finding it disrespectful. First you asked a question in the Weapons forum, where several people were happy enough to give you good answers. You didn't like their answers though, so you took the question to the Karate forum thinking that we'd give the answer you wanted. Now a few people have answered you but it's still not an answer you like so you refuse to believe it and go off starting another thread trying to disprove the guys who were nice enough to answer you. All I have to say now is learn some respect.

2. puma

puma Valued Member

Learn respect? It's a forum. You give half-arsed answers with no factual back-up and expect me to believe it just because you say so. I have never, ever, heard of anyone that insures school kids to run martial arts classes for the general public. Have you? If so, give me some examples. It just wouldn't happen. If you can give actual facts, then I am willing to listen. But just giving your opinion doesn't mean it is right, and certainly doesn't mean I should agree. It is YOU who should respect my right to disagree with you. Getting in a strop because I don't agree with you is just childish. I think you should learn what disrespect means before you start going accusing people. I don't know who you think you are, but you can't force me to believe something that is wrong. You are just getting annoyed because you know I'm right!

LilBunnyRabbit, your comparison to car insurance is correct - except you could not add a child as a driver. That is the point. You're not now going to tell me that Admiral or Privilege or someone will insure school kids to drive cars are you? And the child actors thing is completely different. It isn't relevant. We are talking about school kids teaching something that is potentially very dangerous to the general public. I actually can't think of ever seeing a child teach anything on their own, whether it be aerobics, dance, football, anything. It just isn't allowed, and rightly so. Have you ever been down your local sports centre and seen a little girl teaching anything and getting paid to do so?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  3. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

No, because that would be illegal. However there is no law preventing children from teaching, so therefore no reason that I can think of an insurance company would not insure them.

I wasn't discussing the danger, but the rights that children have to sign or have someone sign on their behalf. That's the question you were asking. I'd say it's fairly likely that a child could get insurance to cover teaching.

We're not talking about the morals of it, but you were accusing the girl in question, and potentially whoever signed for her, of fraud. I'm simply trying to establish that it's not necessarily so. The morals are a different discussion - and actually I have seen assistant instructors younger than sixteen before, as well as ballet instructors, usually working with or at the school of an adult but fully able to teach on their own.

Yep - ballet, and gymnastics. Admittedly to the younger members of a class, but it's certainly not as rare as you seem to believe.

I've also been taught a few fencing lessons by a fifteen year old who was definitely capable of it and covered by the club's insurance quite happily.

4. Kobudo-man

Kobudo-man Valued Member

You're right, I didn't back up my claims with any links or anything because, as stated, I have personal connections to the insurance company. This may be a fault of mine, but tell me, what facts do you have? You don't even seem to know the basic requirements for teaching according to your other thread. My bigger issue is that you are asking a question which you do not know the answer to here
    and here
    And are refusing to listen to the answers people have given you because you don't like them. No, I don't respect your right to disagree because I asked a question. When you ask a question you are saying that you don't have the knowledge yourself. Don't ask a question if you aren't going to listen to the answer.

That's it for feeding the trolls, I'm out of here.

5. puma

puma Valued Member

That didn't make any sense whatsoever. Yeah, I asked the question with the knowledge that she shouldn't be doing it either morally or by law. You didn't actually answer my question because you don't know. Then you got snotty because I didn't fall for your pretending to be all-knowing routine. If you didn't know, and didn't like my questioning, then don't answer. The only conclusion I can come to is that you thought it might be fun to wind people up by saying legally a school girl can teach with no backing to your claim, because nothing you said was accurate or factual.

So, LilBunnyRabbit, you have seen little girls teaching a class on their own, in a public place? Not just helping, or being overseen by an adult, and not round someone's house or something, but actually on their own, no supervision, calling the shots in a public area to the general public? I have to say, that is highly unusual. I certainly wouldn't let my child anywhere near a class like that. I don't think any right-minded parent would to be honest. And I very much doubt any sport centre would run the risk of hiring the hall to anyone like that.