Kickboxing V's TKD

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by julesgrant22, Sep 19, 2005.

1. b33p.us

b33p.us Member

How come in savate you have to wear spandex?

2. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

[​IMG]
    The guy on the far right, James his name is, he's into kit cars etc which is how he knows my dad. :)

3. Screwi

Screwi New Member

james is a top lad and a really good savateur, i know him well. also know his girlfriend rachel, who's at UCL with me and lives in the flat above me :)

do you live near guildford then? you should come along to the wednesday sessions at spectrum www.savate-uk.com

cheers,

dom

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
  4. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

I'd do both. TKd is great fun for fitness. Kickboxing is great fun for being a bad ass. I take the occasional free kickboxing class at my mates class (he was trained in muay thai in afganistan army). They are really quite different. However, the differences really help eachother out.

5. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

I'm about half an hour away from Guildford, I might have a look once I've passed my driving test, hopefully not too long now. :)

6. tux

tux New Member

i started off at kickboixng then joint tae kwon do to help improve my flexibiltiy and kicks it seems to be working. also tae kwon do is a good way to learn how to get yourself out of head locks and stuff its cool. i train under don deedigan

7. inbuninbu

inbuninbu "Train hard, fight easy"

It's a small world after all...I know Rachel too, having had my butt well and truly kicked by her on a few occasions, and have a passing acquaintanc with Jamese, they're both lovely people!

In point of fact that's one of the very nicest things about training in a more 'localised' art like Savate, you get to know everyone quickly and it soon feels more like family (although in my family we don't practice leg sweeps on each other on a regular basis...) :D