Kickboxing / Thai Boxing... Manchester

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Sabscut, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Sincere

Sincere Valued Member

hmm....kick boxing with the addition of Thai-style low kicks, elbows and knees?....that sounds interesting.
    I'm pretty much in the same boat mate i.e. I had a knee injury a few years back, so I was looking for a KB gym opposed to a Thai Boxing gym....thought it would be a lil easier on the knees.

I like that fact that its on a pay as you train basis too.
    I was about to give up hope, in searching for a local KB gym, so thanks a million for pointing me in the right directon:cool:

2. Jocky Balboa

Jocky Balboa Valued Member

As I said, when we compete (and spar) it is under KB rules, so no low kicks or knees, unless both of us agree during sparring. The knee and elbow drills are taught by Chris when we work on self-defence and what not. He's a superb technician and was a tremendous fighter (if you've read MAI magazine, he's known for his days as a member of the freestyle KB team "The Warriors" and is an occasional contributor of articles) and I've learnt a lot from him.

No problems at all, mate. I'm always happy to help a fellow Martial Artist. As I said, if you fancy giving it a try, get yourself along to the Chorlton club and talk to Chris or whoever is taking the class (tell him I - the Scots guy with the skinhead - sent you!).