Kickboxing Syllabus?

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by pocketwarrior, Oct 28, 2003.

1. pocketwarrior

pocketwarrior New Member

Just wondering what sort of grading syllabus you have for different kickboxing clubs and what exactly they entail....

Ours is split into 10 section starting with
    basic punches,
    basic kicks,
    advanced punches,
    ad kicks,
    hand & foot combinations,
    block & counters,
    pad & bag work,
    sparring,
    fitness and now some self defense.

These all get progessively harder throughout the grades and more techncial also.

Does anyone have syllabus's similar to this or are your's very different?

2. pocketwarrior

pocketwarrior New Member

Well what about TKD or Karate or whatever...

Obviously not the Kata or forms but what sort of structure are your grading syllabus's made up of and what belt before you try this kick or how long before you can take this grade. whatever!

14 views and no replies.. no good.

Even if someone replied to say this is a s**t thread would be something...

3. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Hey pocketwarrior,

it's a bit of an odd question mate.

I don't know many kickboxing organisations that have ever published their syllabus structure here.

Lemme look into similar threads and come back to you.

4. pocketwarrior

pocketwarrior New Member

Sorry, maybe i didn't explain that well.

Originally i was just looking to compare other KB Syllabu's to my own club to see if ours was maybe lacking or needed something more or you know whatever. Seeing as i got no replies for KB i thought i might see what sort of things other stand-up kicking and punching arts did to try and get more of a response.

5. Yan

Yan New Member

Well we're given a syllabus (just a sheet of paper with move names on) depending on level and experience. For instance:

Yellow Belt, 6th Grade

Half step, forefist, reverse snap punch
    Half step, backfist, reverse snap punch
    Under kick
    Thrust kick
    Snap kick
    Heel kick
    Various self-defence moves

Then orange belt is sidekick, roundhouse, forefist reverse snap forefist ect.

Fitness and self defence moves are integrated throughout. Usually we start with 30 minutes of exercise and then 45 minutes training, then 30 minutes sparring and a warm-down.

6. Aravi

Aravi New Member

Different arts, different structures.

Wing Chun practitioner here

The techniques where I learn are partitioned up into hand techniques, foot techniques and combination techniques.

But we usually just practice whatever our instructor thinks we need work on during the night.

7. Yan

Yan New Member

Yes I find instructors are usually flexible with training so long as you get on with it and don't ask questions all the time

I've learned that it's better to ask for a couple of examples then get stuck in and perfect the move in your own way, the way that makes you feel most comfortable and at ease with the move.

You don't have to do everything by the book. I think that a good martial artist will always add his own flavour to the style, and this is a good thing: text-book fighting is no fun.

8. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter