Kickboxing Issues

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Pretty In Pink, Nov 23, 2011.

1. ShangChi

ShangChi KRAV MAGA!

Aaahhhh...then the timetable on the site needs a good hard updating...nvm...we'll see what March brings.

:)

2. julio kodokan

julio kodokan MUAY THAY & BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU Student

Maybe Jiujitsu fits better to you than Thai....Not everybody enjoy striking and grapling.Maybe you could practise only one style and avoid overtraining.Maybe (again) is your body telling you: jitsu is good enough.Cheers and good training.Julio

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

That is possible, however I do enjoy the classes when I am there. I also want to be rounded, that is the whole purpose of my training xD

4. ShangChi

ShangChi KRAV MAGA!

I've been giving this more thought, as obviously we are very concerned about your welfare and want to make sure that our wee Chadderz is getting the best out of his training.

:D

How often do you train in MT? Is it an absolute core component of your training? I mean, I drop into the odd boxing session, and I do the odd session on my bag, but I don't want to box.
    I just want to keep the edge on my skills and conditioning for if/when I need to start throwing out my fists in a SD situation.

So can you drop back on your MT, maybe stagger the sessions? That way, if you drop the frequency of them, you might find your motivation returns and you want to 'step up' the regularity again.
    Or maybe you'll just find the pace to suit you.

Or maybe you should take up Krav Maga!

:woo::woo::woo:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  5. Pkhamidar2com

Pkhamidar2com Panda Member

i envy you... :mad:

also every time i go i bearly spar if any, we dont have to but at the end of the lesson you can go over technique or bearly spar. I think its time i started sparring more for a while. :/

so lucky :'(

6. Pretty In Pink

Umm, around two/three times a week, and one of these is usually Jun Fan kickboxing? I train in grappling around 4/5 times a week. I also generally as a rule try and attend both no-gi days.

EDIT: I also attend kali 1/2 times a week. I generally go to the empty hand classes, so Monday, and possibly Tuesday.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  7. ShangChi

ShangChi KRAV MAGA!

You could always drop it down to once a week, just to see how that sits with you. Maybe after a few weeks of that you'll be clamouring to get back to MT class.

Change is as good as a rest, and all that jazz.

:woo:KRAV MAGA!:woo:

8. carl hammond

carl hammond New Member

I have this issue at times but as someone else said I make myself go and when i'm there I regret thinking I shouldn't have gone.

I have been doing Mondays and Wednesdays (with the occasional Tuesdays) and every other Friday I assist in teaching the kids classes (mainly due to my daughter attendiong them).

We train in Freestyle Kickboxing with a little Muay Thai Mixed in so I have now changed my routine from this year by also joining an Muay Thai Club so I can do Mondays as normal, Tuesdays when I can, Wednesdays will be Muay Thai when I can get there (as not local) but if I am going to miss it due to their earlier start I go to my normal club) as well as helping at the kids classes every other week.

I find that I feel demotivated a lot but I think its the fact I know I do it a lot but with anything there is something new to learn, a new experience each night and think like this to help me go even when I dont want to. That or I think of something thats annoyed me recently and use that as a reason to need a release.

It can get a bit annoying sparring and training with the same people day in day out to be honest and this I feel adds to my demotivation hense the reason I have joined another club with a view of a slightly different style where I can work with new peolpe and learn new things and use skills for each club at the other.

9. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

If you've got a lot on, the extra stress of getting punched in the head etc doesnt help, train what you enjoy and jump back on it in a few weeks when life has settled down a little.

The key to training in longevity not always intensity.

10. Pretty In Pink

Resurrection and a half! I'm actually still doing this, but no Kali.

11. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Sorry I hadnt noticed the date!